Why nobody lives in Montana

I'm not trying to encourage anyone to move there, but I found that funny.

Montana's biggest issue is all the people moving there! All the folks who buy land for 2-10 times its value. Sometimes they are just happy to destroy the usable market value for farming and ranching, then never even move there. Often times they try to move there and realize it is not LA or NYC. Yea, there are no Broadway shows and few drag shows outside of Missoula. So, what?

Others move there just to bitch to the state about the smell of cattle, not enough wolves, too many wolves, corner crossing, snow, lack of snow plows, people trespassing in their river(which is legal), too many elk, too many hunters, guide doesn't hunt my land, too hard to extort money from the government when elk eat my feed, my neighbor shoots guns, etc. Shut up and live!

The real issue is they liked LA, until they changed it to be what it is now. Then they haul all those great ideas with them until their electric SUV gives them a low battery signal…..about Bozeman, and they stop at a realtor and buy some land. They buy a crap ton because it is so much cheaper than a gated hood in LA, Chicago, NYC. Then they get involved and work on screwing up their new place! It is a cycle of pain for Montana which just struggles along with high prices, goofy laws, no work because this infestation is from takers and retirees. They have no interest in building or supporting Montana. They are there to receive.

Now, fortunately for the infestation folks, the state is mostly run by out-of-staters for the benefit of the wealthy. If Montana didn't have brutal winters, it would have no defense mechanism. That pushes many of the humans back to Colorado, but they still own so much of the land. That needs sold back to people who are going to live on it and work on it.

Rant over….like many, I made a short sighted decision to leave 25 yrs ago and will be lucky if I live another year there. As much as I'd like to, I've made some poor financial decisions that will keep me from being able to buy and occupy a piece of Montana.

I was raised as a bratt also.Army.Fort Bragg,Fort Campbell and Fort Knoxx all several times and overseas to France and Germany one trip each.
Of all my travels I have to say Kentucky and Tennessee were beautiful but nothing tops Montana.
Did some time at Ft Knox & Germany. Seen France, Holland Amsterdam, I didn't make it to Spain which was the one place I did want to see while overseas. I doubt I will now. I flew out of Mildenhall England on Air Force One to Andrews Air Force base. It was a luck flight. Being at the right place at the right time. I was stuck in Franfurt airbase at the time. I was beginning my 30 day leave heading home to Pa. I thought well I have not seen England. And been to Franfurt many times since stationed in Aschaffenburg. So I took a flight from Frankford (C-130) to Mildenhall. And this put me a little closer to home. And wouldn't you know the next morning I was on AFO heading Stateside. In dress greens of course. They were bringing a dead Governor home. I never did find out who the corpse was. But was thankful for the flight that many people will never experience.

We live in Montana suburbia after being run out of 3 other states. We don't look like any of the people shown in the video. Our Franklins enable us to live a wholesome but obscure life.

Montana does not have striped bass but has many small trouts.

Montana's biggest issue is all the people moving there! All the folks who buy land for 2-10 times its value. Sometimes they are just happy to destroy the usable market value for farming and ranching, then never even move there. Often times they try to move there and realize it is not LA or NYC. Yea, there are no Broadway shows and few drag shows outside of Missoula. So, what?

Others move there just to bitch to the state about the smell of cattle, not enough wolves, too many wolves, corner crossing, snow, lack of snow plows, people trespassing in their river(which is legal), too many elk, too many hunters, guide doesn't hunt my land, too hard to extort money from the government when elk eat my feed, my neighbor shoots guns, etc. Shut up and live!

The real issue is they liked LA, until they changed it to be what it is now. Then they haul all those great ideas with them until their electric SUV gives them a low battery signal…..about Bozeman, and they stop at a realtor and buy some land. They buy a crap ton because it is so much cheaper than a gated hood in LA, Chicago, NYC. Then they get involved and work on screwing up their new place! It is a cycle of pain for Montana which just struggles along with high prices, goofy laws, no work because this infestation is from takers and retirees. They have no interest in building or supporting Montana. They are there to receive.

Now, fortunately for the infestation folks, the state is mostly run by out-of-staters for the benefit of the wealthy. If Montana didn't have brutal winters, it would have no defense mechanism. That pushes many of the humans back to Colorado, but they still own so much of the land. That needs sold back to people who are going to live on it and work on it.

Rant over….like many, I made a short sighted decision to leave 25 yrs ago and will be lucky if I live another year there. As much as I'd like to, I've made some poor financial decisions that will keep me from being able to buy and occupy a piece of Montana.
Yep!

Welcome to Montana.jpg

100% spot on.
I came here with nothing (and still have most of it), but will no longer be able afford land. Thats mostly ok, because Im old but I feel bad for the kids who have grown up here but realistically will never be able to afford it either.
As much as I hate to say it, I think we need another 07/08 housing crash to bring stuff back to normal since wages will never go up enough to compensate.