Why can’t we get good dies!

rfurman24: If the web 0.2" above the case head has too little clearance, the round would not chamber. Or it would be so tight that the bolt would have trouble closing completely. You would Know this right away. No need to wait for a "click". -Ed

Almost all custom reamers are min saami. Dies aren't made the that spec. Which doesn't make sense to me when considering a 338 edge that isn't offered in a factory chamber.
Hornady will make custom dies based on your reamer print and/or fired cases. Would a small base die get it?

When you can find me the term "clicker" in ANY book on shooting or reloading, send a link.

Just trying to accommodate. This is off of the first page of Whidden Gunworks website:

"Our Custom dies will solve problems such as sticky extraction and the dreaded "Bolt click" without over working your brass."

Link as requested:

An enlightening thread to say the least -

Great topic, never heard it called a "clicker" before either but was pretty sure i knew exactly what he was talking about.
It is really not fair to blame the die manufacturer. Die manufacturers can't make a die for every chamber. Some offer custom and the "small base" dies. For the most part off the shelf dies work as designed for the majority of factory and custom chambers. It certainly wouldn't be fair to most of the consumers to make the dies tighter than they have to be.
For those that have sizing problems do to running "hot" loads a custom die would be a good solution. Or tame down the load.
A bad or "large" chamber would certainly not be the die mfgs. fault.
Some magnum calibers in a "marginal" barrel with "loose" threads can also be a recipie for problems. Custom die may not even cure this one.
Every problem should have an acceptable solution but not a universal one.