Why a 30-06 is like your ex-girlfriend...

I sold my 30-06 because it wasn't getting any attention. However, I still will hold onto the dies for my dad and friends.

The 30-06 is the just right rifle for me - not to little to held on to and not to big to be held by it. It gives me a hilarious kick when lying next to her and it is spot on every time. It makes me feel good!

Never had a 30-06 but I am curious, does an 06 lie to your face that the other dude that is obviously trying to get in her pants is "just a friend"? Let's just say I don't accuse my exes of being honest or reliable.

So far I have never found anything more honest than a 243 win. I think I'll keep her.

Never had a 30-06 but I am curious, does an 06 lie to your face that the other dude that is obviously trying to get in her pants is "just a friend"? Let's just say I don't accuse my exes of being honest or reliable.

So far I have never found anything more honest than a 243 win. I think I'll keep her.

Unfortunately I think most of us have had those rifles also. Some just won't shoot straight no matter how much you want them to.

I blame it on them having a loose chamber. :D

The 30 06 got my attention when I loaded some 208gr Amax behind some N560 and a magnum primer the result has proved its self many times at 500 yards

What a good thread I just started to pick up the 06 and start shooting it again. Been a safe queen for awhile, my Winchester mod 70 shot so well I decided to buy a Rem 783 in 06 and what a pleasure to shoot!

Thanks fir a great post.

Attachments

• IMAG1024.jpg
    IMAG1024.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 51
Unfortunately I think most of us have had those rifles also. Some just won't shoot straight no matter how much you want them to.

I blame it on them having a loose chamber. :D

Little too much throat erosion....? :rolleyes: where can this one end? May need to start a new thread:D

Absolutley... I had at least 3 more but didnt know how far i should take it. :D

This could very quickly slip into referencing a loose primer pocket after running a really hot load... Dear Lord! I submit that we stop this insanity and get back to reminiscence on the resurrection of some very fine attributes of a previously loved and left classic rifle cartridge. Or not....:Dgun)

My Ruger M77 .30-06 (tang safety) has been my girlfriend for over 30 years now. Though I've flirted with others, she's still the best - and always forgives my transgressions and takes me back. To date I've taken every sort of game with her: from camels, foxes, wild goats and pigs here in Australia, to warthog, bushbuck, impala and blue wildebeeste in Zimbabwe. Heck, I even managed to nail a shark with the old girl!! Three days ago she - again - did her magic and performed beautifully: I harvested two more fallow deer while out hunting. My kids too have been bewitched by her, ever since they took their impala.

Girlfriend? To me certainly! But to my family, a much loved, gorgeous, and elegant Lady - who'll be still working her magic for them long after I'm gone.

First it was loose chambers and throat erosion. Now we have mention of a wart hog.

Can exgirlfriends be rebarreled after they have so many rounds down them that the group opens up considerably? How much over MOA should we be willing to tolerate?

First it was loose chambers and throat erosion. Now we have mention of a wart hog.
gun):cool:gun):cool:
Can exgirlfriends be rebarreled after they have so many rounds down them that the group opens up considerably? How much over MOA should we be willing to tolerate?

For one that has been very true to you, a bit outside of MOA should be looked upon with a loving gaze and fond memories of The Hunt and a lifetime of loyalty and therefore some grace should be exercised. However,.... If you happen to pick up one at the local market with a few more rounds down the tube than advertised, you should either send her on down the road for one that has a bit more life left in her and Invest in something new or ..... Contact the best experts in the field, slap on a new barrel, tune up her trigger a good, solid bed job and of course a muzzle brakegun). Shoot a little extra coat of your favorite something to keep the new parts from wearing out have fun at the range. Your buddies will jealously make fun of how much you spent on her, while silently wishing they could squeeze one off. gun) aaaaannnnnddd I'm done.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.