Who will inherit your Left Handed rifles?

It is very mental. I grew up shooting an ambi recurve left handed and built the all the muscle memory. I wanted to get into bow hunting around 12yrs old and left handed bows were out of the question. I got an old alpine compound from my dads friend and practiced all summer. I killed several deer with that bow. I was about 16 when I saw a used Matthews in left hand. I jumped on it. I was better with it. I still have it...

I started pistol shooting around 18 and used my right hand and left eye. It dawned on me to try it completely left hand and I automatically started shooting better. I even carry concealed left hand now. My draw times are fast and accuracy is good. This may be the only area were I feel pretty advantaged shooting left hand. There is a lot to gain having your dominant hand free to work...

Training can cover a multitude of sin, but natural feels natural. With my southpaw son, I embrace it...

I too am left eye dominant and right handed….. growing up it wasn't a problem shooting single shot shotguns and rifles later transitioning into a Winchester 1897 pump 12 gauge , I used right handed rifles without issue until boot camp and firing the M-16, to my surprise it wasn't a problem , I bought a left handed rifle a few years ago and finally sold it, I couldn't get used to operating the bolt action, so I agree that it's a mental issue,what is natural ,and you are familiar with .

I'm left eye dominant and also right hand dominant, so I'm called cross dominant by some and weird by most. I shoot everything left handed: pool, bow and arrow, pistol and rifle.

I grew up shooting right handed bolt guns and got really comfortable and fast. I bought a LH when I got my first real job. It was as if it was made just for me-lol. Now that I've moved into nicer equipment, I feel my collection is leaning left. I have two right handed children and one left handed.

What is a guy to do?

Had my daughter shooting RH for quite awhile but then figured she was Left eye dominant so when it came to build her a rifle I wanted to build her something that would cover all the bases for hunting / range time that she wouldn't out grow and had multiple caliber capabilities that way I didn't have to buy multiple LH rifles. She's 15 now and builds this for her when she was 12 or so

Below is the list of parts for her rifle.

-Bighorn Origin SA with 223, 6.8 SPC, 308 and Mag bolt heads
-TT Diamond Trigger
-Manners MCS-CS Carbon Shell with M5 Mini Chasis (Range / Comps)
-Mesa Presision Altitude Stock (Hunting)
-Proof 16.5" CF 6.5CM barrel
-Proof 22" CF 6.5PRC barrel
-NF NXS 3.5-15x50 (my first NXS)

Below pic was her first range outing with it. Shot a .3" 5 round group with it right out the gate. She was pretty happy with it. 😂
54649851-BA55-4808-B12B-43F1BEFF7D8E.jpeg

Had my daughter shooting RH for quite awhile but then figured she was Left eye dominant so when it came to build her a rifle I wanted to build her something that would cover all the bases for hunting / range time that she wouldn't out grow and had multiple caliber capabilities that way I didn't have to buy multiple LH rifles. She's 15 now and builds this for her when she was 12 or so

-TT Diamond Trigger

Below pic was her first range outing with it. Shot a .3" 5 round group with it right out the gate. She was pretty happy with it. 😂
View attachment 442761
The smile says it all…… perfect!

-TT Diamond Trigger

View attachment 442761
Just look at that smile, very nice dad.