Any new Left Handed rifles dropping at SHOT?

Christensen Arms makes a nice factory left hand option in the ridgeline fft (not sure about the other models). I picked up a 7prc and 6.5cm the other day. Nice lightweight option and comes with a triggertech and carbon barrel/stock. I didn't weight the 7prc but the 6.5 came in at 5lb 9oz before scope and 7lb 4oz. With my mk5hd with Hawkins rings. The only downside for me is the bdl but supposedly the Wyatt bottom metal is a drop in replacement. Strictly personal preference there.

Their website isn't up to date with available chamberings in LH but when I emailed them, they sent me a list and it looked like pretty much every caliber was in fact available in lefty. I've not had a chance to shoot them yet but if it's like any other CA I own, I'm sure they will be a laser. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 2D01F7F2-22C2-4CB4-B5A0-4282A303F752.jpeg
    2D01F7F2-22C2-4CB4-B5A0-4282A303F752.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • 9AE52122-E221-4E94-B676-5A10CAFA2475.jpeg
    9AE52122-E221-4E94-B676-5A10CAFA2475.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
  • 8C196C9D-FF41-40AA-92F2-1337F042326F.jpeg
    8C196C9D-FF41-40AA-92F2-1337F042326F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
I bought two Browning A-bolt stainless stalkers ... in 7mm mag and .338 wm...only because no one else made any many decades ago...both have served me well and are very special to me.. I also purchased at least 15 or more 700's in various cartridges in right hand since they made nothing for me..

Get use to it. I've lefthand all my life. Learned on a righthand action. I wouldn't get a lefthanded action. I wouldn't know how to use it. The other is you are and few of us are in our right minds.
Yeah I've got a mix of right handed and left. Built a custom a few years back on a left after doing a custom on a right. I personally won't do anymore right handed builds as when I shoot my right handed rifles now sometimes i will reach for the bolt on the left side! I was fortunate enough to start out with a savage 25-06 in left hand. I'm actually right handed and can shoot ambidextrous but I'm left eye dominant so choose to shoot left. Funny thing is my wife is the same way so it kinda works for us.

Christensen Arms makes a nice factory left hand option in the ridgeline fft (not sure about the other models). I picked up a 7prc and 6.5cm the other day. Nice lightweight option and comes with a triggertech and carbon barrel/stock. I didn't weight the 7prc but the 6.5 came in at 5lb 9oz before scope and 7lb 4oz. With my mk5hd with Hawkins rings. The only downside for me is the bdl but supposedly the Wyatt bottom metal is a drop in replacement. Strictly personal preference there.

Their website isn't up to date with available chamberings in LH but when I emailed them, they sent me a list and it looked like pretty much every caliber was in fact available in lefty. I've not had a chance to shoot them yet but if it's like any other CA I own, I'm sure they will be a laser. Hope this helps.
Love my ca mesa fft left handed. This things light and shoots great. This one's in 6.5cm. 6.5 lbs without suppressor. 7.5 with. Great little backpacking rig.

Attachments

• BE7FA40B-FDF7-4DD6-990A-7F54B13098F0.jpeg
    BE7FA40B-FDF7-4DD6-990A-7F54B13098F0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 9EC43759-FCFA-4C3B-B2BF-A62233D0C6CF.jpeg
    9EC43759-FCFA-4C3B-B2BF-A62233D0C6CF.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 33
Get use to it. I've lefthand all my life. Learned on a righthand action. I wouldn't get a lefthanded action. I wouldn't know how to use it. The other is you are and few of us are in our right minds.
I feel the same way. I just try to stay away from thumbhole stocks made for right handed & Monte Carlo stocks. I will still buy one if the pprice is cheap enough. Possibly to change the stock out or keep as a investment.

No one wants to borrow my left handed stuff. I agree needs more left handed options. I am in need of a 338 win mag
Here you go 338 Win mag. Auction on the 29 th in my area. If you would like better pictures let me know if interested. I'm not sure how online bidding works or how you set up an account. I thought I saw a Savage left hand in the listings. Just can't remember which one. I believe it was a 30-06 though. Beautiful gun.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=cXFWY0FkY2d6bzBNNzBZZzhZOHlzZjJtR0VMc253

Last edited:
Check to see if Browning still makes them..both of mine actually went on an elk hunt last year in Wyoming as being borrowed..
You can click on the link provided. It will take a day to go through the firearms for sale. A lot of older Winchesters, Savages, etc. I did see some left handed versions. Just can't remember what they were. It would be wise to watch the auction if you have time on the 29th to see what you can buy some of these firearms for. Some of the ones I think should bring a premium go cheap. And sometimes the other way around. They also have some ammo. Like 218 Bee. Factory loaded. I'm sure they charge a fee for shipping but if you need it. Some ammo is antique. They also have some reloading stuff.
There's a A Bolt but it's a 243 RH, PHOTO 117

Last edited:
I am a lefty and have been shooting for about 60 years. When I was a kid there were almost zero LH bolt guns. You could get custom, bespoke LH Mauser was about $4000 then and a Holland and Holland around $20,000, and starting in 1955 Weatherby made their first lefty using a Mathieu action, but as a kid those options were WAY out of my price range. In 1965 the average salary of a skilled tradesman was about $2.50 an hour, unskilled labour $1, so between $2000 and $5000 a year. Women earned even less with most of their roles running 50-75 cents an hour. Senior Private Secretary was 80 cents.

The first affordable LH bolts were brought out by Savage as the model 110 in 62 or 63. I bought my first one in 1970 in 300 Mag. Choices were 270, 06, 300 Win Mag. In 1973 Remington brought out the 700 in LH. Got one in 7 Rem mag a couple of years later when they started making them in that as well as the original 270 and 30-06.

Luckily enough, my income grew rapidly after that time and I could afford to get custom barrelled rifles on LH Remington, Weatherby or Savage actions. For stocks I either adapted the factory ones or built new from scratch.

By comparison lefty shooters today have a huge variety of factory made choices. Nowhere near what a right hand person has, but still WAY better than 40 years ago. There are also a ton of custom action makers that produce LH versions so lots of great platforms to build on.

Last edited:
Thank but that isn't a lefty
I can't remember if there was a 338 Win Mag listed in left hand or not. There are over 400 guns listed on the site. They did have a few left hand rifles. I do remember that, I just don't remember what the manufacturers were or calibers. You can look through what they have with the link I provided. It will take a few hours to scroll through.

Savage offers left-handed models. I've thought about them, but not a single one of my 6 kids are lefties nor ambidextrous when it comes to shooting.

Living in the every day pain I do I don't shoot much, so they might as well get some use out of it. 4 in school 2 out of HS (1 is working towards taking the MCAT test).