Who will inherit your Left Handed rifles?

hankle

I'm left eye dominant and also right hand dominant, so I'm called cross dominant by some and weird by most. I shoot everything left handed: pool, bow and arrow, pistol and rifle.

I grew up shooting right handed bolt guns and got really comfortable and fast. I bought a LH when I got my first real job. It was as if it was made just for me-lol. Now that I've moved into nicer equipment, I feel my collection is leaning left. I have two right handed children and one left handed.

What is a guy to do?

Trap or Skeet, rifles or pistols, no matter how much practice it takes, a guy should learn to keep both eyes open, if ya can while shooting.

Same here. Left eye dominate with two right handed sons. I figure I will continue to purchase RH bolt actions so they are more useful for them later. I've always made it work even though it's not ideal.

All my left handed bolt rifles will be sold or auctioned along with all the pumps, semi's, levers, single shots. I don't have no one to leave em too along with all the reloading stuff

You don't even have to adopt me, just leave me the left handed stuff. When I go I'm taking it all with me so you can rest assured it will have a good home.

I'm left eye dominant and also right hand dominant, so I'm called cross dominant by some and weird by most. I shoot everything left handed: pool, bow and arrow, pistol and rifle.

I grew up shooting right handed bolt guns and got really comfortable and fast. I bought a LH when I got my first real job. It was as if it was made just for me-lol. Now that I've moved into nicer equipment, I feel my collection is leaning left. I have two right handed children and one left handed.

What is a guy to do?
I too am left-eye-dominant but right-handed; it feels awkward, but I can shoot right-handed rifles left-handed. Frankly, I do not see a problem here.

Both my sons are right hand left eye. My older son is learning to shoot left, but my younger son is learning to shoot right. I guess the younger one gets most of my stuff, and the older one gets anything ambi or his lefty stuff I have been buying him.

Like @hankle & @FEENIX , left eye dominant, right handed. I have a bunch of RH, LH and ambidextrous rifles and shotguns. I shoot all the long guns LH, and shoot pistols both RH and LH. I find RH rifles, shooting as a lefty, have faster follow-up shots than left handed bolts. Though, people think I'm nutz when I shoot my RH muzzle loaders as a lefty.
I've already given several rifles, pistols and shotguns to the oldest. #3 is interested in learning to shoot pistols (it's about time !!).
When I think it's time, I'll give them away to the kids, grandkids or friends.
Heck, by that time, Oregon law may preclude me from giving them to family, and I'll be a criminal for just what's in my safe.

"Heck, by that time, Oregon law may preclude me from giving them to family, and I'll be a criminal for just what's in my safe."
I'm in Oregon, too, and feeling the same way! Per the discussion, I'm another left eye dominant, right hander...

I feel y'all's pain, I am RH but Left eye dominant and shoot left handed in Rifles, Shotguns, Muzzleloader, Crossbow and shoot RH in bow and either with a pistol. I have step kids and step grandkids, everyone is RH and when they shoot one of my LH rifles they all mention how awkward it feels for them. I am about to embark on building custom rifles for the public, I have debated on when I do build some for myself, should I go RH in case I do decide to sell or passing them down to Grandkids. All my life growing up, like all of y'all I shot RH long guns, as I have a good job and career I switched one custom to LH and two factory rifles LH. If I decide to sell them, I can see it taking longer to move them.

Just remember---"left is never right" 😜

Can't they just turn the left handed rifles upside-down? End over end? Or just choot em backwards?

I actually knew a right eye/right hand dominant guy that learned to shoot left hand rifles and play left hand guitars-- he was pretty good at both. It's a mental game too, and sometimes its easy to fool yourself

I am right handed and left eye dominant as well. I shoot right handed and by the time knew what all this even meant is was a non issue. I remember as a kid wanting to lean my head over the gun to look thru the sights with my left eye. In high school me and a couple buddies would plink several hundred rounds of 22lr every weekend. During all that the switching of the eye just came natural. I'm left eye dominant all day long but the moment I pull up a firearm my eyes switch automatically. It's hard to explain but has just become second nature.

I wish I had trained myself that way, but I was leaning over the stock using my left eye as a 3yr old with Dad, he didn't know why until I was a little older and I just started using my left shoulder. I have old pics of him holding his 22 rifle and me looking down the sights with my left eye.

Recent Posts