Who crimps 280AI?

If you do decide to crimp the bullets. Make sure you trim all the cases, To the exact same length. If not a long case will swell the case at the shoulder body junction. And may not chamber smoothly.

I bought several Lee FCD dies to try out on different cartridges. The results were very underwhelming. Sometimes using the die actually resulted in erratic velocities or larger groups. While it may improve needed neck tension in some applications, it sure isn't a magic bullet to improving consistent ignition or anything else.

I might add that it was my experimenting with Hammer bullets that got me started testing with Lee FCDs across the board. (I was already using them for 45-70 and 458SOCOM). My conclusion is that you can get very accurate reloads with Hammer bullets without crimping but you do need to pay attention to neck tension. The Lee FCD is an option you may want to try, as I did, but it isn't needed in most applications and may even cause undesirable results.

Just my experience and I acknowledge that your mileage may vary.

If you do decide to crimp the bullets. Make sure you trim all the cases, To the exact same length. If not a long case will swell the case at the shoulder body junction. And may not chamber smoothly.
I was just thinking about this yesterday when I read how the crimp die works. I don't trim brass every time I reload. Might have to change that if I want to crimp.
Thank you for your input!