How many uses factory crimps

I use the lee factory crimp die. Johnnies reloading bench did a test with some Bobb's bulk bullets in 223 and found no differences in accuracy. . I have found with match bullets and thinner jacketed bullets without cannelures you need to go easy or you can have problems. I generally use a light crimp over all and it seems not to cause any accuracy issues that I can tell, but I am not competition shooter. I did just shoot a 0.85 moa group at 100yds with 6mm arc with a light crimp.

I use the lee factory crimp die. Johnnies reloading bench did a test with some Bobb's bulk bullets in 223 and found no differences in accuracy. . I have found with match bullets and thinner jacketed bullets without cannelures you need to go easy or you can have problems. I generally use a light crimp over all and it seems not to cause any accuracy issues that I can tell, but I am not competition shooter. I did just shoot a 0.85 moa group at 100yds with 6mm arc with a light crimp.

I agree, I don't want to damage the jacket so I light crimp

I use lfc die on every cartridge regardless of platform (BA and AR). Cannelure or not it gets crimped. Semiautos gets a tighter crimp due to more of a kinetic energy movement. I fl size every time, no neck bushings used, trim as needed, load and crimp...........ready to go.

I use lfc die on every cartridge regardless of platform (BA and AR). Cannelure or not it gets crimped. Semiautos gets a tighter crimp due to more of a kinetic energy movement. I fl size every time, no neck bushings used, trim as needed, load and crimp...........ready to go.
I have only crimped loads for auto loaders, never crimped for bolt gun loads

I have only crimped loads for auto loaders, never crimped for bolt gun loads
I have crimped for bolt guns on occasion, generally with compressed load. I try to avoid compressed loads personally but sometimes that's where you wind up. Makes it a pain to get the seating depth dialed in correctly, and on occasion the bullets have a tendency to want to grow over time. So I add a light crimp as a safety margin, and I don't want my COL growing overnight like some magic beans.

I have crimped for bolt guns on occasion, generally with compressed load. I try to avoid compressed loads personally but sometimes that's where you wind up. Makes it a pain to get the seating depth dialed in correctly, and on occasion the bullets have a tendency to want to grow over time. So I add a light crimp as a safety margin, and I don't want my COL growing overnight like some magic beans.
lol 😂 I didn't think about that

Recent Posts