How Many Powders Do You Regularly Use

Have been following these posts and it seems like most reloaders have a select number of powders they are comfortable with and a few trying to cut that number down for econonomic or other practical reasons. Since I have cut back to 3 main powders for my larger calibers it has become easier to dial in an accurate load, less time consuming and costly; from experience just know better where to start how they will respond. Still pull something different off the shelf occasionally when my go-to's aren't getting there but generally find out something besides the powder was the cause (if my top 3 powders won't provide an accurate load doubtful another one will). I don't really care if I can get that extra 50-100 fps anymore as long as it lands in the same spot every time. Adding the powders most mentioned as commonly used in above posts in order (so far) include:
1. H-1000
2. Retumbo
3. H4831
3. H4350
3. Varget
4. RL26
5. IMR4350
This list mirrors closely my most commonly used powders.

I currently have and use about 12 different powders, but I also reload for a lot of different cartridges, rifles, and pistols...And subsonic rifle rounds.

Hodgdon Trail Boss
Hodgdon H110
Alliant Power Pro 300-MP
Hodgdon Varget
Hodgdon LeverEvolution
Hodgdon CFE-223
Alliant Reloder 19
Alliant Reloder 22
IMR 7828 SSC
IMR 7977
Hodgdon H1000
Hogdgon Retumbo

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.