How Many Times Can I Expect To Reload Factory Brass

No problem. I had to look it up to make sure Hornady didn't just introduce a 157 ELD-X in 6.5, because that would be awesome for a PRC.

Good luck reloading. Attention to detail is important. Take and keep good notes. Double check everything.

Bump shoulder 0.002" and you'll stay away from case head separation. Don't push your brass too hard and you'll save the primer pockets. Annealing might make for more accurate brass, but also addresses split necks after 5-6 firings.

H4350 is your ticket at < 2650 fps max with that 20" bbl.

Last edited:
No problem. I had to look it up to make sure Hornady didn't just introduce a 157 ELD-X in 6.5, because that would be awesome for a PRC.

Good luck reloading. Attention to detail is important. Take and keep good notes. Double check everything.

Bump shoulder 0.002" and you'll stay away from case head separation. Don't push your brass too hard and you'll save the primer pockets. Annealing might make for more accurate brass, but also addresses split necks after 5-6 firings.

Been picking things up as they come available. The hard part will be new powder and projectiles when I run out.

That's the catch. Probably won't anneal. Got enough wrapped up in getting started and I did my best not to get the cheapest hardware (not the most expensive either).
You tube.. ".Butterbean Annealing" about 28.00 or less! Your H4350 is the ticket 41.5 grs with those 143s and you'll shoot 1/4" in no time. AS ALWAYS LOAD WITH CAUTION

Hornady has the new 153 gr. A-Tip ..expensive....but deadly ....definitely a paper and steel load though....this one isn't a hunting round unless you enjoy LRT ( long range tracking) as much as you do LRH! Or head shots only.....just me!

Hornady has the new 153 gr. A-Tip ..expensive....but deadly ....definitely a paper and steel load though....this one isn't a hunting round unless you enjoy LRT ( long range tracking) as much as you do LRH! Or head shots only.....just me!
I'm good on the tracking. Shot a doe at 100 yds with eld m right behind the shoulder this year. No blood. Hit her just right to where some of the insides blew out the exit hole. Thank goodness she was only 30 yds away in the pines. Utter internal devastation found upon cleaning. Head shot might have worked better in this instance. Don't have it in me to try yet. Not enough trigger time.

The 6.5cm is super easy on brass and you aren't hot rodding your loads… I would bet you can expect 10 out of them if you Anneal. Just inspect each piece of brass each time you load it…
Think there was a video by 6.5guys where they tested reloading without annealing. Had good results. You should expect the primer pockets to be the weakest link. Good luck and stay safe

Who knows. I have ruined 6.5 Sucksmore first load with new brass. Also have some with 12 shots on it never trimmed just cleaned loaded and shot.

These may help you also. There are many many more with great info.

In my experience is the first thing to go is the primer pockets. Keep your pressure low and you should get possible five or more loads from factory brass. I don't know if there is a way to tighten the pockets. IMO

As said before, there are a lot of factors that change the life of brass. I had some .300 WM brass that has had over 20 loadings. It was Winchester brass from in 1980's. I never did get a loose primer pocket, but necks started to crack, so they all got tossed.
You will cut the neck cracking by annealing. I loose my primer pocket long before my necks split. To each there own.