which would you choose a Tangent Theta or Scmidt & Bender for for a long range and hunting scope.

From what I have seen here in Canada the S&Bs are the cheaper of the scopes mentioned at 4 to 5 thousand. Then ZCO at around 5500. Then TT at 6250 and March has scopes in the 8 grand range. Premium glass up here is not cheap and even cheap glass isn't that cheap. The joys of living in a dictatorship I guess.
Optics are extremely individual specific Everyone's eyes perceive optic performance.....literally....through different eyes. If you are going to spend the big dollars, take the time and effort to really personally evaluate the options with your own eyes. Only spend the next increment if you truly can perceive the gain, and feel the gain is worth the cost. Of course, to many of us money is a non-issue replenishable resource, can easily afford whatever our heart desires, and want the image that having the most expensive provides. Your eyes may not perceive the marginal difference in that last $1000-1500 between optics steps. The higher one seeks in technology/performance, including optics, the more expensive each smaller incremental gain becomes and the smaller the perceivable benefit....Law of diminishing Returns.

Optics are extremely individual specific Everyone's eyes perceive optic performance.....literally....through different eyes. If you are going to spend the big dollars, take the time and effort to really personally evaluate the options with your own eyes. Only spend the next increment if you truly can perceive the gain, and feel the gain is worth the cost. Of course, to many of us money is a non-issue replenishable resource, can easily afford whatever our heart desires, and want the image that having the most expensive provides. Your eyes may not perceive the marginal difference in that last $1000-1500 between optics steps. The higher one seeks in technology/performance, including optics, the more expensive each smaller incremental gain becomes and the smaller the perceivable benefit....Law of diminishing Returns.
THAT last line is one of the most absolute posts in this entire thread.....

Piscked up the TT yesterday and played with it a luttle this mourning. TT put a lot of of work and simplfied that scope to the nth degree. One of the nicest features is the zero stop set up. Absolutley no tools needed loosen the cap 3 turns and set dial to 0 then tightn up it back up finger tight and not even real finger tight and you are done. It leaves you with 5 clicks down at 0 if you want or need to shoot closer then your 0. They have also put on a diopter lock a feature I have always wanted.
Yes you may have to pay more but to me these are worth the extra price. Plus if you pay this much you derve the extra, The 0 stop is the best I have ever seen to me that is a 1000 dollar feayure alone. As the Red Rose tea add used to say only in Canada.
I think some really need to check out the Tangent Theta lines in person they are at the top for a reason.

Piscked up the TT yesterday and played with it a luttle this mourning. TT put a lot of of work and simplfied that scope to the nth degree. One of the nicest features is the zero stop set up. Absolutley no tools needed loosen the cap 3 turns and set dial to 0 then tightn up it back up finger tight and not even real finger tight and you are done. It leaves you with 5 clicks down at 0 if you want or need to shoot closer then your 0. They have also put on a diopter lock a feature I have always wanted.
Yes you may have to pay more but to me these are worth the extra price. Plus if you pay this much you derve the extra, The 0 stop is the best I have ever seen to me that is a 1000 dollar feayure alone. As the Red Rose tea add used to say only in Canada.
I think some really need to check out the Tangent Theta lines in person they are at the top for a reason.
Just listen to the RICH FOLKS TALK!🤣 Glad to hear you're impressed......better be!