Which scope?

Vinnie

I have a 7mm STW carrygun.Been trying to decide on a scope. I have looked at the Burris Blackdiamond 3-12 and the Leupold 4.5-14 LR. Does anyone have any experience with the Burris target knobs? Are they repeatable? The Burris has a better field of view, however it is heavy, but seems to have very good optics. Also, how dependable is the side-wheel focus on the Leupolds?
I plan on hunting deer and blackbear.I'm also limiting myself to 600 yds.Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

I have the Leupold M-1 on mine. I like it because of the smaller 40mm objective and the M-1 turrets are VERY repeatable.

If you go with the 4.5x14 check out premier reticles. They can put M-1 turrets on the 4.5x14 long range tactical. But, you will have the 50mm objective.

Good Luck

I would go with the Leopold. Burris, too many horror stories about their scopes and customer service both for me to ever buy one. Leopold has a problem with neither. If I were blowing that much I'd get the Nightforce for a little more though. I can find you a link over at Accurate Reloading from some Burris customers if you like?

I have both. Leupold 4.5-14X Vari-X III on my .338 and I have a Burris Signature 4-16X on my .30-06. The Burris has better resolution than the Leupold Vari-X III and for Bear I would go with the Burris 3-12 Black Diamond. I don't think you will be disappointed. It is top quality glass, better than Leupold, better than Nikon.
Although the Leupold Premier might be better, but who can afford one?
JCB

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.