Which scope would you pick for my new project? Very disappointed by european scopes offerings

Lots of people get Leupold for hunting rifles.
For the most part, it is a decent quality built scope.
But you'll hear a LOT of "get a Leupold for it's warranty".
To me they are trying to sell on the name alone.
Overpriced for the glass quality & features.
You forgot to add IMHO. Like certain anatomical parts, everybody has one, and no other topic brings them out faster than a discussion of quality optics.

If you are disappointed with European choices you are looking in the wrong places, Zeiss,Schmitt & Bender just to mention a few there are lot more, the truth is with rifle scopes, you get what you pay for full stop or as you say in the US, period.

Minox recently re-did their reticle on the 5-25x56 LR I have 2 of them, and they are very very good. I like the Christmas tree reticle in Mildot format, 34mm tube, 56 mm objective. Compares favorably to my Nightforce NXS. I think they have the quality of the Kahles and S&B but about $1000 less here in the States. It's not even their top of the line, but it's **** close in performance. It's been reviewed by folks on the internet....just google. I did have some trouble with Minox, but their customer service came through for me. Another great brand is Valdada. Zeiss Schott) glass, terriffic scopes (especially if you don't mind a few extra ounces). Could be the best in the world. Of course, if you were here in the States, I'd recommend either Nightforce or the upscale Leupolds as, if anything goes wrong, it's a lot easier to just return and get a new scope. With scopes like you're talking about costing more than the rifle, and a 400 m max distance, (unless you're shooting red squirrels), you could save yourself a lot of money and weight with a Bushnell 3-9X !! :)

Minox recently re-did their reticle on the 5-25x56 LR I have 2 of them, and they are very very good. I like the Christmas tree reticle in Mildot format, 34mm tube, 56 mm objective. Compares favorably to my Nightforce NXS. I think they have the quality of the Kahles and S&B but about $1000 less here in the States. It's not even their top of the line, but it's **** close in performance. It's been reviewed by folks on the internet....just google. I did have some trouble with Minox, but their customer service came through for me. Another great brand is Valdada. Zeiss Schott) glass, terriffic scopes (especially if you don't mind a few extra ounces). Could be the best in the world. Of course, if you were here in the States, I'd recommend either Nightforce or the upscale Leupolds as, if anything goes wrong, it's a lot easier to just return and get a new scope. With scopes like you're talking about costing more than the rifle, and a 400 m max distance, (unless you're shooting red squirrels), you could save yourself a lot of money and weight with a Bushnell 3-9X !! :)
Ahahahah i probably could. I always spend more money on the scope than on the rifle tough. Rifles generally work well if you buy one from a reputable brand and anyways if you have issues you are likely gonna see them early on. Scope are more delicate and their mechanics are much more complex so i buy very good scopes usually.

A huge part of being happy on a hunting scope is finding a reticle you like. As you can see from all the feedback there are a lot of great scopes out there. When I was recently deciding on a new scope I started with looking at the available reticles and then filtering from there amongst the manufacturers that were of interest. If size and weight are a considerable factor that will narrow your options pretty quick but to me, a scope that is everything I want that weighs an extra 6 oz over something lesser is irrelevant. I just got a Steiner T6XI. very happy with it in all regards.

I get what you say but remember that roe deer are very small, it's not like shooting a whitetail. Their vital area is just like 8 inches. Accurate shots are required. At 400 m a 8 (preferably 4) inch living target is not a joke.

I hear you. Just saying holding with a reticle is no different then dialing.

Leupold for the money. The VX3I 4.5-14x40 is a great scope.

I have a Swarovski on my 300 Win mag....it's a great scope as well. Nightforce is the best.
I'm curious as to why you say that Nightforce is the best. What are you looking for in a scope that gives it the edge. I have sat behind several different models of a Nightforce and I will keep my Swarovski X5i. It has been flawless with tracking and the glass is sharper edge to edge over the NF. I know that the NF is legendary for its tracking so is this what you are referring to. With all of this being said for the money I think that the Meopta may be the best deal for a quality scope.