Which Scope for .308

I just bought a new Savage 10 .308, and am looking to buy a new scope for it. I have looked at Trijicon Accupower and Accupoint, Nightforce SHV, Zeiss Conquest V4, and some Leupolds. But with the Leupolds, I just can't find a reticle that they make that I like. And if there is a brand that I am not thinking about please mention them. I am looking at 12 to 18 power (preferably 16-18 power). Thanks for the info and knowledge.
take a look at the meopta optika 6 I believe they make what you are looking for I bought one awhile back and have been impressed with it so far

I've been VERY pleased with the Viper Vortex 4-16X44 HS-T. I outfitted 4 rifles with them. I use custom drop in turrets form Kenton industries and for about $800.00 I have a pretty credible long range and all around hunting rig that's pretty easy on the wallet. Its pretty light too, about 20 oz. with lifetime unconditional warranty. Vey big bang for your buck. For a few $$$ more I like the Leopold VX6HD 3-18 x 44.

My opinion...with the caveat that I am not as good a shooter as many on this site. I own several of the sights in question (AccuPoint, NightForce, AccuPower and Zeiss Conquest). For hunting in the East, the AccuPower 1-4x is great as sight lines are not as long as out west. For out west or longer range Eastern hunting, my .308 is wearing the NightForce SHV 3-10x. Both optics are excellent within their intended purpose. Although I own a Zeiss Conquest as well, I prefer the Accupoint and NightForce to it.

If I had to pick only one for a .308, I would probably go with the NightForce for it's all around flexibility and ability to work in both hunting and target shooting environments. The glass is better than I am on both scopes...

I just bought a new Savage 10 .308, and am looking to buy a new scope for it. I have looked at Trijicon Accupower and Accupoint, Nightforce SHV, Zeiss Conquest V4, and some Leupolds. But with the Leupolds, I just can't find a reticle that they make that I like. And if there is a brand that I am not thinking about please mention them. I am looking at 12 to 18 power (preferably 16-18 power). Thanks for the info and knowledge.
I have switched most of my scopes to zeiss especially hunting as they are great scopes

Another vote for the NF SHV 4-14

I have one on a 7-08 and couldn't be happier! I've run it out to 1000yds and back multiple times and its always returned to zero perfectly and offered plenty of clarity and parallax adjustment.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.