which predator call

milkie62

I want to buy once and would like input on which call to buy.I know this is a loaded question but figured I'd throw it out there.

Just saw this and was curious of the same thing, I live in upstate NY and wanted to get into shooting some dogs. Foxpro seems to have a big selection and hear a lot of good things about them so I guess I'll pick one up.

Neff, I use the CS24C. It's one step below the Shockwave. It does not have all the whistles and bells. I wouldn't use all that anyway. I am definitely technology challenged. It is the newer model compared to the one gun addict is using. Works great and is on sale right now for $399. Whatever model you get, get the new TX 1000 remote. It is awesome.

Neff, I use the CS24C. It's one step below the Shockwave. It does not have all the whistles and bells. I wouldn't use all that anyway. I am definitely technology challenged. It is the newer model compared to the one gun addict is using. Works great and is on sale right now for $399. Whatever model you get, get the new TX 1000 remote. It is awesome.

Awesome thanks for the advice!

Don't over look hand calls. Predatormasters has a lot of custom made call makers that are sponsors on their website that are worth a try.
Critters are over called in my neck of the woods. I have a scorpion that has only called coons and domestic dogs. Im sure my talents are to blame. But I do call coyotes in with hand calls. Don't ask me why that is. It is how it has worked out for me. Anybody want to prove me wrong is welcomed.

Don't over look hand calls. Predatormasters has a lot of custom made call makers that are sponsors on their website that are worth a try.
Critters are over called in my neck of the woods. I have a scorpion that has only called coons and domestic dogs. Im sure my talents are to blame. But I do call coyotes in with hand calls. Don't ask me why that is. It is how it has worked out for me. Anybody want to prove me wrong is welcomed.

Prove you wrong on what? Of course there are gonna be times and areas where hand calls work better and times and areas where either will work fine. The individual has to determine that. Seems like you have your area figured out.

Another vote for CS24C. Awesome call and remote. Here is my new one along with an SP-60 Speaker, Mojo Critter decoy, and my two home-made PVC stands.

Attachments

• 1121201612636.jpg
    1121201612636.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 1121201612548.jpg
    1121201612548.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 1121201612528.jpg
    1121201612528.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 124
That looks like a really nice setup!

Thank you. The TOA speaker calls are my favorite. Because all the electronics are in the small tail cap. FoxPro can't fit all the features. But I still prefer them for sound quality and power. Because they did not have all the features I felt they were definitely not worth their $600 price tag. Now that they have been dropped to $400 it is a definite winner!!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.