Entry Level Electronic Predator Call

What is a good entry level electronic predator call? The last serious predator hunting I did was in the 1990's with my old Johnny Stewart cassette caller. Things have changed a little since then.

I can scratch up about $200. I plan on mostly hunting coyotes and bear.

I see older Foxpro Wildfires on eBay. Perhaps, being an electronic device, used is not the way to go?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'd say for 200bucks primos alpha dog, hunting buddy has one and it has worked great. just saw it on sale online for $189 free shipping place called Roger's sporting goods. tried to copy a link for ya but can't figure out how to do it on my phone.

I know I'll get laughed out of town for it...but I called two in while deer hunting last Fall with the free app "Coyote Hunting Calls" on Android (there is also a "Coyote Hunting Call" app that I didn't find they responded as well to). Made me think about getting some Bluetooth speakers since I was just using my cell phone, but got them from 250 yards into 25. I think I'm going to try the battery-powered Bluetooth speakers this Fall before investing in a real call!

Most of the predator call reviews I've seen rate the FoxPro Inferno as the "best $200. call".

I think I'll be getting one. Calls can be downloaded or played from an iPod connected with a line to the jack.

Eric B.

Just get a foxpro for that price. They warranty there stuff well and their calls are good, you can't go wrong.

Second on the primos alpha dog. I brough in many a coyote with mine. The reason I'd consider it over a low level fox pro is only because the primos has the options of a higher end call as far as programing goes. They work great for the price I don't know that you can find a more versatile call in my opinion.

Do your homework. Predator calling is more popular than ever. I think any caller will work even your phone. Today's coyote has heard it all. Buy the one that offers the most unique sounds.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.