Which Foxpro Call

Geezers

Hello Folks, I would like some comments on the type of calls you folks have used successfully on coyotes. I see many refer to Foxpro, is there a particluar model number that works best or maybe a different manufacture? Thanks appreciate your comments

I bought a foxpro fury about 3 years ago and its like computers theres a new model out every year theres been 3 differant models since then, depends what and where your calling the new shockwave seems like the cats meow now . Check out predator masters forums under electronic calls theres lots of info there.

I have a foxpro CS-24 and a foxpro shockwave. The shockwave has a lot of awesome features and is easier to run than the CS-24. The CS-24 is louder though.

Daniel

I bought the base model foxpro (spitfire) last year and I have liked it a lot but I can still see some room for improvement. I have had much more success with the foxpro than when I used to use mouth blown calls exclusively. Using an electronic call gives me much more confidence and it allows you to move the call away from you. The only things I don't like about the spitfire are that it could use more volume and i think the sound quality could be improved a bit. The things I like best is that it is very easy to use and like I said before, moving the call away from you is a big advantage IMHO.

I've been using a Foxpro Firestorm this year and I have been very pleased. It has more volume capability than the Wildfire and Spitfire models which is one of the reasons I chose it over the cheaper models. I also considered the Foxpro Fury but I didn't feel the few additional features of the Fury made it worth the extra $80.00. If you order direct from Foxpro you can select the exact sounds that you want programmed on the call. If you buy from a retailer it will come pre-programmed with sounds that you may or may not want/need. I also bought the Foxjack decoy that attatches directly to the call. The decoy isn't a necessity but I feel it has helped me bag a few more close range coyotes this year.

Forgot one thing! Battery life is excellent with the Foxpro rechargable batteries. I have run the call and decoy for hours on full days of hunting in the bitter cold and never ran down the batteries to the point where anything quit working.

not a foxpro but bought a mighty adam this year . cant brag about it enough .Ive kiled more dogs this year than the previous 5 put together . the sounds compared to my 6 previous foxpros i find is not even a comparision .

I recently purchased a Foxpro Wildfire II from all predatorcall.com and have had great results. You get to select 35 custom preloaded sounds to go with it! Its one of the more affordable models selling at $199 and produces great sound. Battery life is good along with the range on the remote i have been able to take it out to 75yds with no problem.

Hello all, I'm an Australian and new to LRH and I'd like to make some friends I could share with. It's very interesting how you use electronic calls. I've never seen one. We don't have coyote here but we have plenty of foxes that I love to call. What I'd like to ask is: Do your calls mimic an animal in distress, do they also call foxes and how far does the sound carry? Thanks a big mob!

You can get all sorts of sounds on the foxpro. Mine has over 500 on it. From rabbit distress to moose sounds. There are a lot of fox sounds also. As far as how loud they are. They probably get louder than you would ever need, unless its real windy.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.