Which Powder for High BC .22 Bullets?

65WSM

I am awaiting a 8 twist barrel from Krieger. I have designed a new wildcat with about 22-250 volume but with a small primer pocket and a 40 degree shoulder. The reamer and gauges are on hand.

The intention is to shoot 75 and 80 gr .224 bullets at 600 yard bench rest at my club. What powder will I want to use?

I have experience with lighter .224 bullets but not the high BC bullets that an 8 twist barrel is capable of. Which bullets are likely to be the most accurate? Which ones should I avoid? I am told the 75 AMax is the value bullet in this field (cost vs accuracy). Are there any other value bullets? The Lapua bullets are the most expensive assembly line bullets. Are the Lapuas worth the expense?

I initially tried n560 over the 75gr Amax. went from 41.0 - 42.0gr got up to 3412 fps but the velocity spread was not satisfactory for my liking in this combination.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.