Which Poison to pick!

It's the standard mag face, but I have the couple pc from Weatherby that you need to open it up for the larger face for the lapua/378 sizes

Yes I wanted to run a 1:9 so if I wanted to push the heavyweights I could, and after taking to Hart that's what they suggested as well. I have also looked at some mono bullets that would need the faster twist then the 1:10. Figured would rather be a lil faster twist then be too slow
Since you don't have the Lapua bolt face I would recommend what I did, build a 30/28 nosler and use ADG brass. After fire forming I was looking at an h2o capacity of 103.3. That's pretty darn close to a 300 Norma yet you don't have to have the Lapua bolt face! I run the 215 hybrid at 3010fps out of a 26" barrel (Proof CB). I could run it faster but I'm in a great node at that speed right around 59000psi. You will need CIP length magazine and FB 215- 225. If you don't want to go to all that trouble then 30 nosler using ADG brass. You will gain capacity of the nosler brass and the ADG brass is outstanding!

If I was basing out of an action that I can get a Wyatts Box for the RUM would really probably be on my top list, but I do not believe I can get one for a Mark V. At this point I am not really interested in having to fire form brass.
So what's the problem with the 300 normas brass, due to case taper? I was thinking Norma took the Lapua and took some taper out and shortened it?
Also, when y'all said ADG had brass for the 30sherman were y'all saying they had 300PRC I could get and fire form or they actually had 30 Sherman head stamped brass? Looked and only found 300PRC

Thanks for all the information!

If I could get a 4" box and shoot a rum, I would really be eyeballing the Berger 245 EOLs but since I don't believe that's an option that's why the Berger 230s in a 300 Norma(since it was designed to shoot them) is catching my eye and then us the 199 hammers some also.
If I could push the 245s to 3000MV out of a non improved Norma in my 28" barrel I may would but due to the velocity lost I think the 215-230 weight for the Norma and then 190-215 weights for the Nosler, 300 PRC, 30 sherm.
I may be off based with some of my mental processes but I love discussing this and getting opinions of others shooters. Really looking forward to visiting with the smith this coming week!

I shoot the 230s in my 300 Norma and it's a great combination. I seriously doubt you'll be able to get 3000 with 245s in a standard Norma without being dangerously over pressure.

Not sure which Hart you talked to, Hart Barrels in New York or R. W. Hart in Nescopeck, Pa. if it was R. W. ask him about his 30 Hart. He used to have brass and loaded ammo available. He also knows what loads work best.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.