Which model bipod for hunting?

I own, and have used the Harris, Atlas, and Evolution bi-pods and, quite frankly, see no difference in accurate shooting, or hunting success between them as long as they have a quick detach capability, tilt, have a max height of about 12", and NO panning. For my LR hunting, clear prone shots are offered less then 25% of the time due to tall grass etc. For this reason I have been seriously eyeballing the Hatch.

I have several Harris bi-pods in various lengths. The shortest bi-pod worked well while laying prone and shooting groundhogs in the summer. The tallest bi-pod provides more height then I need to shoot from a sitting position. Anything taller isn't useful (to me) unless I'm standing and the Bog-Pod takes care of that.
There may be some advantages to the rather expensive bi-pods but all of my hunting needs are met by one of the Harris models.

I used an Atlas extensively this year in hunting season. It was horrible in the snow and freezing temps. I had nothing but problems all year. Next year I will go back to Harris bipods in hunting season. For long range during the summer the Atlas is king, its just not snow friendly.

Can you provide more specifics on what exactly it was that made it not snow friendly? I hunt in the cold and the snow.

I was seriously getting ready to order the cal gen 2 tall and thought I would do some poking around and came across this thread.

Can you provide more specifics on what exactly it was that made it not snow friendly? I hunt in the cold and the snow.

I was seriously getting ready to order the cal gen 2 tall and thought I would do some poking around and came across this thread.

I'm interested in hearing as well. There is nothing to fail. I've been using Harris, mod Evos, and atlas for years. I can't see how any would fail from normal use.

I run a Rugged Ridge and like it a lot. I also like the Spartan for the weight. I'm not really picky. They all seem to work ok.

The vast majority of my hunting requires a tripod. I've tried different things like the hog saddle and they too work OK.

Since I'm already carrying a tripod I always have a little sure shot attached to it. It only weighs a few ounces and can quickly be adjusted to near any height from prone to nearly standing depending on you tripod. No, it's not as stable as a good bipod rest but if I'm sitting with the gun in the saddle and pinched against another tripod leg I'm comfortable to about 600yds. And they are under $20.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Little-Sur...soAAOSwZrhaVq4N:sc:USPSFirstClass!85304!US!-1

I own, and have used the Harris, Atlas, and Evolution bi-pods and, quite frankly, see no difference in accurate shooting, or hunting success between them as long as they have a quick detach capability, tilt, have a max height of about 12", and NO panning. For my LR hunting, clear prone shots are offered less then 25% of the time due to tall grass etc. For this reason I have been seriously eyeballing the Hatch.
Tall grass has caused me to look for different options other than bipods. So I went to using shooting sticks, a military style sling with keepers, or a combination of both and a backpack.

I just looked into the Hatch bipod. It looks like the do all bipod from prone to sitting. Looks like it takes a couple of seconds to install if you don't want to keep it on your gun fulltime.
Only draw backs I see it weighs a few ounces more than my Atlas at 19 OZ versus 12 to 14OZ and the price at $350.
The range of adjustment seems perfect and it had really good reviews.

I think I want to buy an Atlas bipod for Elk hunting. With that being said, I could be convinced to buy another brand. I already own a couple of Harris bipods so I don't need another Harris. When I look at the Atlas models, I see a lot of good reviews for the Cal Gen2 models. The PSR models are also popular, but I see ALOT of used ones for sale. I understand the differences between the Cal and PSR models, but when it comes to hunting, which model do you prefer and why?
Totally happy with Atlas. I've used many Harris to carbon fiber everybody. Very impressed with Atlas and price.

I just looked into the Hatch bipod. It looks like the do all bipod from prone to sitting. Looks like it takes a couple of seconds to install if you don't want to keep it on your gun fulltime.
Only draw backs I see it weighs a few ounces more than my Atlas at 19 OZ versus 12 to 14OZ and the price at $350.
The range of adjustment seems perfect and it had really good reviews.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.