Which Atlas Bipod

treillw

I have switched over to all PSR models, yes they are an improvement for the simple fact that the legs do not rotate. The bipod can't "walk" away from you.

For hunting only I use the tall 7-13. For all other shooting I use the shorter one.

Now I just saw that there is a 5-H model that is going to be released soon. Is this supposed to be better than the PSR? It looks like it is going to be about 24 oz - I would probably prefer the lighter PSR.

The 5H is going to be geared more towards the 338 Lapua and 50 Cal guys, if I'm not mistaken.

I would get the Longer PSR for your needs and don't look back, you won't regret it!

I would get the Longer PSR for your needs and don't look back, you won't regret it!

Thank you very much for the advice! Does the longer one feel awkward when shooting prone at all? I guess the bipod isn't worth too much if you can't see over what is in front of you with the shorter one....

I'm not going to lie the shorter feels more sturdy, but for hunting applications the shorter is sometimes too short, even stretched all the way out. With the ability to put the legs at 45 degrees, it shortens up the long quite nicely and allows you to get pretty low to the ground.

I have also been carrying a product called "Bipod Buddy" with me hunting for rear support on those instances where a bag isn't tall enough and has saved my ***** more than once. You can google them, pretty nice and well put together product.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.