Which Leica

Gray R

alright guys I need to upgrade my rangefinder and I want to go ahead and pull the trigger and get a good one. I'm looking at the leicas but don't really know which one to get. I want to be able to range steel out to 1000 p dogs to 600 and deer sized stuff to 7 pr 800. I kinda want to go ahead and get the 1600 so that as my skill grows I will still have more than enough. Any advise from those who have the 1000 1200 or 1600 would be greatly appreciated

I would look for a CRF 1600. I have owned 800's both old and newer style 1200's and a couple 1600's. I feel you would be happiest with a 1600 CRF for your needs. I do not own a 1600 B , just the first model CRF 1600 as I don't think the upgraded B model would have anything I need as I use it with a phone app anyway.

Jeff

Yeah I use the phone app too I don't care for pre set curves. I appreciate it though I didn't want to spend more than I need to but I hate the idea of spending that much and still being lacking

Yeah I use the phone app too I don't care for pre set curves. I appreciate it though I didn't want to spend more than I need to but I hate the idea of spending that much and still being lacking

I bought my Leica CRF 1600 for $500 used in like new condition with box and all papers. My son bought one in same condition for $525. To give an idea of used values. I think BignGreen bought one for about the same, all off this site. I have checked ours to over 1500 yards with my vectronix PLRF10 and the Leica is good to go. Best value for the buck out there I say.

Jeff

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.