Which Javelin bipod?

2rjshort

I started to post in the another thread but didn't want to take it off topic. I've been interested in these bipods and was curious which version and length was everyone running? Looking for a good light general purpose hunting bipod
Thanks,

Been wondering the same. Looking for the size that works both prone and sitting. Since I couldn't find the info, I ordered the adapter plate that converts my tripod into a rest, along with the necessary plates.

Been wondering the same. Looking for the size that works both prone and sitting. Since I couldn't find the info, I ordered the adapter plate that converts my tripod into a rest, along with the necessary plates.

I ended up purchasing the Pro Hunt Tac long which I believe extends from 8.9 to 12.2". I've only had it for about a month and have not had the opportunity to use it on a hunt yet. I've done quite a bit of rock and steel busting with it and I'm glad I went with the long to get above grass and weeds. Its still only useful in prone positions as its not tall enough for sitting. I bought the Red Kettle holster which I have attached to the waist belt of my EXO pack, so the bipod will always be with me if I need it.
One option you may want to consider for sitting positions if you use trekking poles is the Wiser Quick stick adapters for the poles. I've been using these quite a bit, since I use trekking poles when packing meat or on steep terrain, and have found them quite useful. So far I've taken a Yote at 337 and a Black Bear a 430 with no rear support and felt completely stable. I have practiced with them quite a bit though. I will say when rifle hunting I will probably always have the Wiser Quick stick system on a pair of trekking poles with me going forward.

Very nice, those Wiser Quick Stix. Hadn't seen one of those if only my tent didn't require one of my trekking poles :p

Since I wasn't sure if the long lite poles would work for sitting amd I couldn't afford the Pro or Pro Tac I ended up ordering their arca swiss adapters and classic mount to turn my tripod into a rifle rest. A little less fast and convenient than the bipod, but also one fewer thing I have to Cary.

i shoot off my spartan tripod while hunting and only use the bipod on the range. tripod is always with me and swapping from optic to adapter is fast. Depending on the situation I will shoot off 2 or 3 legs. Shoot prone to standing

i shoot off my spartan tripod while hunting and only use the bipod on the range. tripod is always with me and swapping from optic to adapter is fast. Depending on the situation I will shoot off 2 or 3 legs. Shoot prone to standing
that was my thinking as well. I have a tall tripod that can go bipod if desired, and an uber-light tripod that is perfect for sitting and prone, glassing or shooting.

Just curious, any advantage to 2 legs over three in this scenario? Easier to "load" with forward pressure?

You should practice. If 2 legs are facing you you will have forward pressure. If away from you the pressure is applied towards the body. Great when you are prone or sitting up against a tree. Practice…