• Chronograph

Votes: 1,098 63.4%
  • Trail camera

Votes: 677 39.1%
  • Weather station or wind meter

Votes: 731 42.2%

• Total voters
Thanks JE,
I guess I am stuck for a while anyway. Already opened the box.
I'll see how things pan out for a bit.
I have been a shooter for a long time but now I am trying to be something more.
Not competitive, just better!
I am a hunter first so making a good humane shot is my primary reason for spending more time at the range plus my son goes with me and he will hopefully come away with life lessons...you just never know though.
I have been shooting the Nikon BDC scopes on most of my and my sons big game rifles so knowing our load better will make us more accurate shooters. Now that we have discovered the Nikon Spot On Ballistic Match Technology using the circles on our scopes will be a snap.
Again, Thanks for all the info on Chrono., I guess they are like anything, you can alawys find someone who likes one brand over another, Maybe I should have inquired a tad more,lesson learned for me.

Bman, dont beat yourself up over the Chrony. I have a Beta Master as well and have done the same test as the guy did above with the Oehler. I found the same thing, It was well within the same velocity range with distance being the difference. A few things with them is make sure it is fully unfolded and flat. Also, they seam to be a bit more susceptible to light than the far more expensive Oehler. I shoot with mine in the shade when possible and when I do I never have a problem one with it. I think unless you shoot very serious long range competition, the Beta's are a good option that will leave funds where they can be better spent, like on optics.

Leica rangefinder

Ipod-still playing with softwares. There is always something better. Right?

I have a pact pro chronograph that really needs to be put down, but it so young. I just haven't brought myself to the point of doing it.

I have a GPS, but I didn't check the box because I almost never take it with.

Bushnell 800 Range Finder

Kestrel 3500 weather station

Megellan 3000T GPS
Garmin etrex GPS
Eagle Explorer GPS

Beta Master Chrony and

Bushnell 10x40 mildot scopes on my high power rifles

And I plan getting a field i-Pad with a program in the future.
The bottom line is I cook my own ammo, and pay attention to the combinations of ammo and weapon system that I am using to become more effective in the field.

2011 update:

Vectronix PLRF10
Motorola Droid X with "Shooter" program
Kestrel 2500 NV
Garmin Origon 300 with Public Land Boundary Topo Maps for MT. and WY. from LRH Gear Shop

I'd like to know why

more people dont use trail cameras. I've found them to be priceless!

Garmin 60cx

Kestrel 3500

Lieca something another, LRF

F1 shooting chrony

Trail cams: A lot. Favorites: Bushnell Trophy XLT, CuddieBack Capture. I have and still use occasionally about a dozen others of many makes and models.

Re: I'd like to know why

They are not legal in all states :)

>

You gotta be kittin' me!

I guess the government will soon be telling us what kind of toilet paper
is legal and elegal... Man!!!! Please don't tell me that they already do!!! :rolleyes:

Very good article!

I liked this part:

"Instead of managing wildlife, Montana officials are
micro-managing hunter behavior."

Thanks for the link!

Leica Geovids
Garmin Rino 130
Shooter on Android
ProChrono
Mostly wildviews and one ScoutGuard camera (for archery spots)
A cheap caldwell wind wizard that the batteries are always dead in.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.