Which brand of wind meter, weather station do you use?

Which brand of wind meter, weather station do you use?

• Kestrel

Votes: 437 59.0%
  • Speedtech/Skymate

Votes: 34 4.6%
  • Caldwell

Votes: 146 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 131 17.7%

• Total voters
I just bought the 4000 model just the other day, I have only used the BP and wind function so far.
Question: Do you guys use the BP as it comes from Kestrel or do you calibrate that function right out of the box? Do you just go with it as it is. Kestrel supposedly use a controlled lab setting don't they?

I use a generic Caldwell knock off that I got off fleabay for $12 and free shipping. And knock on wood it has worked flawlessly for a year now and is pretty accurate. If it says 8 MPH and I dial what my charts days for 8, I'm right in the bullseye. Can't complain.

I just bought the 4000 model just the other day, I have only used the BP and wind function so far.
Question: Do you guys use the BP as it comes from Kestrel or do you calibrate that function right out of the box? Do you just go with it as it is. Kestrel supposedly use a controlled lab setting don't they?

I use the BP as it comes from Kestrel, but I use it as a function of absolute pressure. No fiddling with elevation that way.

I use the 2 of the Kestrel nv 4500 bluetooth when practicing, 1 at the target, and 1 at the bench. Hunting I just use 1 as the game has not offered to carry one and report the conditions to me at the gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.