Which type of Long Range Shooting do you practice most?

Which type of Long Range Shooting do you practice most?

• Recreational

Votes: 684 42.1%
  • Hunting

Votes: 724 44.5%
  • Tactical/SWAT

Votes: 45 2.8%
  • Military

Votes: 33 2.0%
  • Competition

Votes: 140 8.6%

• Total voters
Daves Gunsmithing I have bipods on all my guns I lay on the grond and shoot. I am right handed and have a messtup sholder so I cant stand and hold my gun stedy. I realy like to shoot so I have to improvise.gun)

Daves Gunsmithing I have bipods on all my guns I lay on the grond and shoot. I am right handed and have a messtup sholder so I cant stand and hold my gun stedy. I realy like to shoot so I have to improvise.gun)

I am sorry about the shoulder, but I am glad you still shoot. I love to try and shoot distances, but I need to learn so much. I try and view all the YouTube shows on long distance shooting. I had sniper training 42 years ago in VietNam, but the equipment is so improved, especialy the optics. We were operating in the stone ages compared to today. Good luck with your shooting and Merry Christmas. ONTXKD

I am sorry about the shoulder, but I am glad you still shoot. I love to try and shoot distances, but I need to learn so much. I try and view all the YouTube shows on long distance shooting. I had sniper training 42 years ago in VietNam, but the equipment is so improved, especialy the optics. We were operating in the stone ages compared to today. Good luck with your shooting and Merry Christmas. ONTXKD
Good to here from you ONTXKD I still use stone age stuff it is all I can aford but I still have fun. Mested up sholder from working on cars for 30 years. I just move the gun over twords my chest a litle bit it alsow helps me keep both eyes open. Mary christmas to you and your famely and I will chat with you later. Daves gunsmithing

I am sorry about the shoulder, but I am glad you still shoot. I love to try and shoot distances, but I need to learn so much. I try and view all the YouTube shows on long distance shooting. I had sniper training 42 years ago in VietNam, but the equipment is so improved, especially the optics. We were operating in the stone ages compared to today. Good luck with your shooting and Merry Christmas. ONTXKD
Hay OXTKD I was just wondering if you were still out there I have not herd from you in a while I had to Chang my name to DaveG do to conflict of interests Dave's Gunsmithing sounded to much like a business I really don't have a business yet just graduated from gunsmithing school. I was just wondering how you were doing and your family. I Am doing pretty good took my grand son out deer hunting but all we got were a couple of squirrels. Better luck next time he will be 12 this year so he can hunt with a bow we have been practing.he really wants to kill a deer and eat it hope to here from you soon would like to talk about hog hunting.best regards David.

DaveG: Good to here from you. I had wrist surgery just after Christmas and I have not shot since. They built me a new wrist. I am so far behind in reloading, but at least deer season is over. Everyone is wanting pistol rounds now. They will just wait a little longer. Glad you are hunting with Grandson. You are making good memories. Good Luck and will talk with you later. ONTXKD

ONTXKD I hope they did a good job on your wrist did they make it bionick? so you can reload twice as fast. I was wondering why I have not herd from you in a wile. It is good to here from you how is your grandson doing did he like his life member ship to NRA. I got my grandson one too right now we all need to do as much as we can to fight the good fight with all these politicians trying to do us in. Ok hope you get better soon and I will talk to you latergun)

I shoot a lot of Off hand and kneeling for hunting practice.Try to get to the range every other day.It is a quarter mile from my man cave.Am 70 yo and live by my self.

Randy

I try to build 3 rifles every year and shoot 1 to 4 ruminants.

The local range has 50 and 100 yards. I shoot there to check accuracy.

I drive 900 miles to hunt. I get there a week or two early and practice shooting at long range. Some rifles are a Lead pipe cinch at 500 yards, some only at 400 yards. A man has got to know his limitations.

I just got this in an e-mail

Introducing the All-New 'Where To Shoot' for iOS and Android; Find Ranges Near You -
July 11, 2013
Bill Brassard Jr.
203-426-1320

NEWTOWN, Conn. -- Looking for a place to shoot? There's a new-and-improved app for that.
The National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®) has released an all-new Where To Shoot mobile app -- available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices -- that locates shooting ranges near you.
Available for free in the Apple App Store and Google Play, Where To Shoot puts North America's most comprehensive directory of shooting ranges in the palm of your hand. It also includes video tips for shooters, news and firearm safety information.
Users can search by current location or zip code and find specifics about each range, including shooting activities offered, accessibility and contact information. The app also makes it easy to get directions to the range.
The app is modeled after NSSF's popular WhereToShoot.org® website and is updated frequently with range information in every U.S. state and Canadian province. New tips for hunters and shooters are also added regularly.
Download the app through the links below or by simply visiting www.wheretoshoot.org on your iOS or Android device.
iPhone and iPad:
http://www.wheretoshoot.org/iOS
Android:
http://www.wheretoshoot.org/Android

I practice for hunting, but my practice also consists of some competition and my range/course is a precision rifle type of layout. So I guess you could say that I practice hunting, competition, and tactical.

gun)

I think most people shoot more for recreational purpose, weather its in preparation for hunting, or competition. Which by all means is good. The poll could have been worded better.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.