Which dies for the 7mm Remington Magnum ?

Lonnie

Originally I posted this in the hunting section. I decided to repost it here as it might be more relavant here. I have a bunch of new Winchester 7mm Remington Magnum brass I need to get ready to load. This brass will be used in a custom Remington 700 for long range hunting. Which dies would you recommend I use for a 7 Remington Magnum? I am not new to reloading and I do use Redding Competition dies for several smaller calibers that I use for paper punching, but the belted mag is a different situation and I would appreciate some opinions about dies.

I load for two 7RM's and they use the same set of dies. I use the Lee Delux die set with collet neck sizer.

You will quickly find that the collet neck die is my prefered way to size my brass. You have as much brass life as using a bushing die or other neck sizer. With these Lee dies, runout is pretty close to zip. Not bad for cheapo dies.

The ammo loaded will shoot match type accuracy. The best three shot group with these dies is 2 5/8" for 3rds at 1000m at a fun shoot (was viewed and measured by spotters). At shorter distance and in many different rifles, they will shoot ragged holes. They work just fine for me.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.