Which colors should I use for my new hunting rifle?

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
This will be fun. On this site you can play around with Cerakote color combos.

NIC Industries - Virtual Gun Coater

Which 2 or 3 combos do you think I should consider for my new HUNTING RIFLE? Ignore the 2 camo versions, please.

In the "virtual guncoater" you must choose a color for the slide and one for the frame. Mine will be a rifle, of course, so we really mean the barrel and the stock. Since I often re-sell my rifles, suggest combos that will have a broad appeal...nice looking but nothing too wild.

• Barreled Action Color:
  • Stock Color:

Last edited:
Len I like Titanium on the metal and either Mil spec green or Flat dark earth on the stock.

I have used the sniper gray on 3 or 4 guns now and they have turned out great. I have been thinking of using it in combination with the titanium. I think it would be a good combo.
I love the Cerakote
Oh yea has anyone used the non bake version they make? I have only used the bake on stuff and have been reluctant to use the non bake because the other works so well. Sorry to hijack with a question.

Last edited:
Len,

The best comparison I can give you is it's like OD green with a brown overtone.
Or vice versa. It's a very matte combo of green and brown. Hard to pick either one as being dominent.

Jim

Any more suggestions? I plan to run a Poll on this when we get enough preliminary ideas to choose from.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.