Which caliber

Here is a lot of info from different folks.
About the Glock mags dropping out I'd email Glock to get that answer. They will not cover up any known issues if replying by email.

When I was asked to do EP work I picked a G23 and trained only with that. To get more trigger time I shot IDPA, 3 Gun, and took some of Uncle Scotty's classes with it and an AR. I even shot handgun silhouette at the COSSA range with a world champ. I just have a lot more trigger time with a revovler from when I shot PPC, IDPA, and other stuff. Heck I saw a guide write about a 9mm that he stopped a charging bear with. Not my choice, but it worked for him. We all gotta use what works for us.
There are a lot of accounts of 9mm stopping an attack. I'l try to find a DNR PDF that listed the attacks and guns/cartridges used.

When I was asked to do EP work I picked a G23 and trained only with that. To get more trigger time I shot IDPA, 3 Gun, and took some of Uncle Scotty's classes with it and an AR. I even shot handgun silhouette at the COSSA range with a world champ. I just have a lot more trigger time with a revovler from when I shot PPC, IDPA, and other stuff. Heck I saw a guide write about a 9mm that he stopped a charging bear with. Not my choice, but it worked for him. We all gotta use what works

There are a lot of accounts of 9mm stopping an attack. I'l try to find a DNR PDF that listed the attacks and guns/cartridges used.
I talked to a guy from Sweden years ago. Most use 9mm for protection against polar bears with high quality ammo. He claimed it was the best choice to protect yourself. Likened it to bee stings, and the ability to shoot fast and hit em every time to drive them off and usually kill them. Guess it would depend on the situation really. Lot of reports show that just screaming, yelling and jumping around scares off an aggressive bear. Course that isn't off a bag of tenderloins either though.

Here we go. How many threads on this subject ? 5 gallons of bear spray and a 50 cal ma duce..
Seriously , 10mm or what ever you comfortable shooting. 95% maybe 96% chance you'll never have to use it. Just give them your fish and they'll leave you alone. Tip, don't look them in the eye. Ignore them. This only pertains to fishing. If hunting , take no chances. Any bear that is aggressive towards you or if you have a couple seconds to shoot, do it. Better safe than sorry. Let them investigate. Your safety is what counts because the feds and state won't control grizzlies. There are way too many out there and they have no fear of humans or anything for that manner since 1970. But what do I know. Have fun fishing . I do !

Heck , I bet most bears if they heard a gunshot and and or if one hit near them they'd turn tail. Just depends on how much time and distance you have and could be in a matter of a seconds . But maybe you might run into an old vetran . You're call... 🤔

Heck , I bet most bears if they heard a gunshot and and or if one hit near them they'd turn tail. Just depends on how much time and distance you have and could be in a matter of a seconds . But maybe you might run into an old vetran . You're call... 🤔
I was just passing along info from the conversation i had. I always carry bear spray with me. Dont ever want to be in the situation to be honest. I will say it's always a concern but never even saw a track. Rattlesnakes are another story though. If I shot every one I seen I'd probably have 3 belts, 2 pair of boots and a suitcase.

That's my usual EDC on a cross draw. I shoot RH.
How's the recoil with full house 357 mag? My brother-in-law has a S&W 640 that's 22oz, so a little lighter than the SP101. A buddy of mine has a S&W 640PD but at 11oz I'm not sure I want to touch off any bear loads in that. Lol.

I'm looking to buy a pistol to carry when fishing in Wyoming, what caliber would you get for bears? I was thinking of the 10 mm
One that cycles flawlessly, one you can shoot accurately, one you have practiced with often maybe 38 super or 10 MM

How's the recoil with full house 357 mag? My brother-in-law has a S&W 640 that's 22oz, so a little lighter than the SP101. A buddy of mine has a S&W 640PD but at 11oz I'm not sure I want to touch off any bear loads in that. Lol.

With the Houge grip, it is not bad even with the hard cast Buffalo Bore I tested before heading out to Colorado. My usual carry ammo is the 125 full power load. I ran over 2 boxes of Double Tap just to see how it behaves, slow fire, double tap and cylinder dump. The Houge grip made a difference.

With the Houge grip, it is not bad even with the hard cast Buffalo Bore I tested before heading out to Colorado. My usual carry ammo is the 125 full power load. I ran over 2 boxes of Double Tap just to see how it behaves, slow fire, double tap and cylinder dump. The Houge grip made a difference.
The Hogue grip in my choice for K, L, and N frames. It's on my EDC L frame. But they do grab clothing.