Which caliber

+2 on the SW500. I've never been in the situation where I needed it. The 4" would make it easier to carry.
9E232060-75C3-4746-9446-F6C0C212C37A.jpeg

I see now... the magazine is not fully inserted and locked. Some people do not have the strength or awareness to insure the magazine is fully inserted and locked. With these individuals I recommend down loading by 1 round. Full house will be fine if you know what to look for. Hope this makes sense, I don't believe this is caused by frame flex. I own two 10mm Glocks and have never experienced a dropped mag due to flex... and yes, the mags are standard capacity. G20 Gen4 and G40 Gen 4 MOS. Not saying it couldn't happen but it does not happen in the competition world I've been involved with.

I see now... the magazine is not fully inserted and locked. Some people do not have the strength or awareness to insure the magazine is fully inserted and locked. With these individuals I recommend down loading by 1 round. Full house will be fine if you know what to look for. Hope this makes sense, I don't believe this is caused by frame flex. I own two 10mm Glocks and have never experienced a dropped mag due to flex... and yes, the mags are standard capacity. G20 Gen4 and G40 Gen 4 MOS. Not saying it couldn't happen but it does not happen in the competition world I've been involved with.
By how butthurt everyone is getting over a potential reliability issue with Glock 20's you would think this was a 6.5CM vs 308 thread. All I'm saying is I had a friend who was a Glock fanatic, never had issues with any of his pistols, but when he shot Buffalo Bore and Underwood ammo in his 10mm the mags would sometimes find their way to the dirt, and it NEVER ONCE happened with target loads (like what you use in competition), only the kind of ammo you would actually use against a bear. Then I found several other reports where people had the same issue and of course rather than admit that there might be a problem, everybody said the same two things that are being echoed here; the mag release was being depressed or the mags weren't fully inserted. Then even after testing and still having issues everyone maintains that it's a user error because Glocks are infallible. I don't care who carries what, but it's pretty ignorant to claim that something can't possibly happen just because it hasn't happened to you.

Anything mechanical can, and will, fail in one way or another. G23's when they first came out had a de-lamination issue. It was quickly resolved by the factory. This is the first I've heard of it with the 10mm. I used to carry a Glock but have considered other firearms. Mostly because of the grip angle. Change the recoil spring every 3k rounds and they have been reliable for me. I'd just research or even call Glock if the 10mm is a concern.

The primary concern is actually hitting the target (bear) with little time and under high stress, which is why the Glock G20 gets my vote. Most folks will be lucky to get one or two shots from a revolver, but the Glock will be faster for many. Heavy recoiling revolvers (i.e., 460 and 500 S&W) will further slow second shots due to muzzle rise.

Be sure to use hard-cast lead loads from Garrett, Cor-Bon, etc.

I've never heard that not saying it isn't true just new to me I've been considering a 10 mm Glock for a while
Get one..... incredible corrosion resistance smooth shooting very reliable and good accuracy. The grip is a lot larger than a lot of semi autos so try one first or a 45 if you can the trigger is typical mushy glock and their are probably the most aftermarket bling you can buy. I have little chick hands and I can shoot it fine.

Reports on ar15.com, glocktalk.com, Reddit, YouTube, and a friend of mine who personally had issues with his. And no, it's not from accidentally depressing the mag release. There are enough issues that there is a shim kit to help keep the mags from falling out. This apparently only happens with full house 10mm, but that's kind of the whole point of having a 10mm.
I have put no less than 1000 rounds through my G40 with no issues at all. I have ran 200 Buffalo Bore Outdoors with 220 hard cast with no issues at all.

In Montana, my son carries a 4.5" Freedom Arms .454 with 330 gr hard cast handloads. My daughter-in-law carries a S&W M&P with Lehigh Defense Penetrator handloads. I carry a 4.5" Super Blackhawk .44 with 300 gr hard cast handloads. All are carried across the chest. So I would say that you should carry the biggest gun that you have, that you can control and shoot accurately. The gun you have is better than no gun. I'm not going to start a spray versus gun debate on a gun forum, but we also carry spray. Spray in the left hand and gun in the right.

The primary concern is actually hitting the target (bear) with little time and under high stress, which is why the Glock G20 gets my vote. Most folks will be lucky to get one or two shots from a revolver, but the Glock will be faster for many. Heavy recoiling revolvers (i.e., 460 and 500 S&W) will further slow second shots due to muzzle rise.

Be sure to use hard-cast lead loads from Garrett, Cor-Bon, etc.
I agree if the revolver is not ported/brake. Non braked they are a beast!!! They shoot super easy for the power.....and require more practice to shoot rapidly.

Any big flat cast bullet. And I'd prefer a revolver. Not knockin the 10mm, but the delivery system isnt super reliable like a solid steel revolver with a huge rubber grip and no mag to fall out and no slide to jam on pocket lint etc. when He's charging at 3 feet, you arent getting more than 2 shots off anyway so the bigger the bullet the better. Most agree that a 12ga full of slugs and 000 buck is probably the best possible solution, so I'd like to carry whatever is closest to that! I want to shoot his tail off... from the front! :)