Which caliber

I've only used a handgun once in over 45 years of guiding and it wasn't even the gun I normally carry...
Got back late from town was carrying my Kimber Ultra Carry in 45 ACP doing baits and had a 2.5 years old boar surprise me at the bait barrel and had to shoot him at 2'....a 230 gr. Federal HP ended up between his eyes with a second in the base of the neck....
Bottom line is you better ONLY use a gun to defend yourself at very short range and also be a very good shot if you need to use a handgun....

I've only used a handgun once in over 45 years of guiding and it wasn't even the gun I normally carry...
Got back late from town was carrying my Kimber Ultra Carry in 45 ACP doing baits and had a 2.5 years old boar surprise me at the bait barrel and had to shoot him at 2'....a 230 gr. Federal HP ended up between his eyes with a second in the base of the neck....
Bottom line is you better ONLY use a gun to defend yourself at very short range and also be a very good shot if you need to use a handgun....
35 years of guiding only had a problem like yours one time I had a 500 S&W on me at the time Bear never knew what hit him

After reading several reports about Glocks dropping their mags from frame flex with full house 10mm loads I hopped off that train. I'm looking at purchasing a Ruger SP101 3" in 357 mag.
I've never heard of a Glock dropping their mag unless the mag release was depressed... I suppose one could press the mag release by accident under stress if they had a poor grip. Suppose it could happen with most semi-autos. Proper grip comes with proper training. I've carried concealed and competed with a Glock, 10mm included, for several years and would trust my life to this brand more than any other. Get some quality instruction and don't look back! 10mm with a tough bullet will serve you well. There are other cartridges with more power but round count is limited... personal decision for sure.

I've never heard of this. What reports are these?
Reports on ar15.com, glocktalk.com, Reddit, YouTube, and a friend of mine who personally had issues with his. And no, it's not from accidentally depressing the mag release. There are enough issues that there is a shim kit to help keep the mags from falling out. This apparently only happens with full house 10mm, but that's kind of the whole point of having a 10mm.

Reports on ar15.com, glocktalk.com, Reddit, YouTube, and a friend of mine who personally had issues with his. And no, it's not from accidentally depressing the mag release. There are enough issues that there is a shim kit to help keep the mags from falling out. This apparently only happens with full house 10mm, but that's kind of the whole point of having a 10mm.
Daggum!

After reading several reports about Glocks dropping their mags from frame flex with full house 10mm loads I hopped off that train. I'm looking at purchasing a Ruger SP101 3" in 357 mag.
I have owned and a couple buddies have glock 20's since the 90's. I probably have 10-15k rounds down mine all full power plus. None of us have ever encountered this and I have never heard of this.
I have carried it I AK fishing and a 41 mag. If you carry any handgun for your needs I suggest a heavy hard cast at velocity you can shoot well and fast.