Which bore guide for Sako 85 .30-06?

Razor18

Hello,

what action type has a Sako 85? I'm trying to find a right bore guide to it (cause it needs a special one), but dunno the action type. This is what all the bore guide charts are asking.

Anybody?

Hello Big Mick,

thanks for the precise answer, I looked it up and was just wondering, how can you lock that bore guide in the action so that it doesnt move together with the cleaning rod while stroking back and forth?

I have another bore guide which has a collar on the tube. The collar can be moved back and forth then locked on the tube by a threaded grip, then you can lock the grip in front of the safety. This makes it rock solid, unlike the one you just recommended, at least at first glance. Do I miss something? How do such tube-like bore guides lock in place?

Hi razor, their just a nice snug fit. Just push them in till they wont go any further, they wont move at all. I even used a 300 ultra guide in my edge till i got one in 338 cal and it didnt move a bit even with a brush going thru it that was to fat for the guide. Imo their as good as anything else on the market. cheers Mick.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.