Which barrel for 338 edge...?

JOSE A. MARINE

if you could have the oportunity to buy a barrel for an edge, which barrel would you buy and why?

I have never seen or heard of a 338 edge with lothar walther barrel, though I have used one in 6.5-06 with luck, I also have a couple of shilens, and a hart in the process and a krieger in stock for a 6.5.

broughton, lilja, lawton, etc... which one would be the ultimate for you?

I have time and a little money for rebarreling a 338 edge..

thanks, Joe

last year I talked with Mike at the shot show, their barrels look impresive and seem like they are the hottest thing right now.. that could be an option.

I know Shawn Carlock preffers Hart barrels, and I also like them, I have a 308 tactical rig that is awesome with one of this barrels..

I do all my gunsmithing so I can spare some money by doing it, but I would like to have the ultimate rig by elk season....

thanks for replying.

Joe

I have built several with the Rock 9.4 twist barrels, in addition to 338 Norma Mags, and have never had a bad one. They shoot fast and clean easy and will outlast a Hart IMHO. Order now or get hold of Cutrifle to see if he can help you out. For a real treat give them a call and talk to Mike, great guy and quite the character.

Honestly it matter none... All these custom barrel makers are making barrels that will shoot great. most have a 1/2 MOA garuntee anyway.

If I were you I would look in the for sale sections for one that pops up for fair market value. It will cost you about the same but will save you about 12 weeks of waiting.

I would get a 28 inch tube with a 1-9.5 twist. You will be happy with those specs for a 338 edge as a long range hunter.

Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.