Which adjustable front shooting rest for the bench?

1 to 1/2" a stack of 2x4's
Lmao I just googled that. Forget that! 350-700$ depending on the rest. Lmao. I am not a comp shoot not am I an extreme long range shooter. I like to developers handloads which get me sub 1moa accuracy with the hope of getting close to .5moa accuracy.

Thanks everyone. I have pretty much settled in the grizzly bald eagle. It's at the top of my budget but seems to be what I was looking for.

This is the Sinclair rest I normally use. I have heavier front rests but they are a PITA to carry back and forth to the range. The rest is very versatile and is well under your $200 limit.

The Bald Eagle is good, I have one. I was VERY disappointed with the cable windage adjustment, however. It will put it above your price range but I got a Shadetree top for it with joystick and it's perfect. I do compete with it however.

I have that rest and the one I upgraded to, a much pricier SEB rest, but for just shooting groups with hunting rifles I still typically use 2X6 pieces and a sand bag...

I just received my Grizzly Bald Eagle rest yesterday, 4/22 , after waiting for a shipment to come in. If you decide on one, get it NOW! Not joking, it could be months before they get more once they are gone....So far, it looks like it will do everything I will ever need....get the cast iron one, it's heavy but that helps stabilize the rifle..and I believe you could recoup most of your money if you decide to sell...rsbhunter

Joe Cowan Rifle Rest. Best you can buy for the price
20190518_144514.jpg
20190518_144542.jpg

Not to be shallow, but eliminating cost, bipods and non-competitive nature. Only thing that comes to my mind is cotton money sacks filled with play sand. Yes the old sandbag. we shoot a lot and for a few dollars you can have bunch of them to use as front and rear setup. I can usually get my rifle rested to point I don't touch anything but trigger. Very cheap,and extremely accurate. Just a thought?

Just but a good Bipod then you'll have a good rest for the bench and hunting. I know you said not to but I think its the best choice I shoot little groups off mine and is that what you're after

I bought a Hart pedestal rest from Sinclair more than thirty years ago and it's seen much use since, in fact, three times in the last week. With a leather Protector 1 1/2" bag on the rest top and a Protector bunny bag for a rear rest, this setup has been more than adequate for all my rifles. I think it weighs 17 lbs. without a bag and won't move around on the bench. I'll assume these are still made, but don't know for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts