Which 338 Lapua?

264Wins

I'm starting to shop for a 338 rifle. I am leaning towards the weatherby accumark range certified but am also considering one of the savages (not the BA, its ugly) or a christensen arms without the carbon barrel. I'm not looking to go with a custom gun and am looking to keep cost near $2000. The christensen arms can be had on gunbroker right now for 1900, the savage long range hunter and HS precision are both under 1500 last I looked. I am mainly looking at the lapua due to the large amount of data and component availability but I might consider another if the argument is logical. Looking to keep rifle and optic under 15 or so pounds.

I bought an accumark 338 lapua in range certfied. Its @ the gunsmiths getting glass bedded and the trigger reworked with lighter trigger spring installed. I'm going to start with 300 gr bergers with retumbo. I'll let you know how it goes.

Corey

I'm starting to shop for a 338 rifle. I am leaning towards the weatherby accumark range certified but am also considering one of the savages (not the BA, its ugly) or a christensen arms without the carbon barrel. I'm not looking to go with a custom gun and am looking to keep cost near $2000. The christensen arms can be had on gunbroker right now for 1900, the savage long range hunter and HS precision are both under 1500 last I looked. I am mainly looking at the lapua due to the large amount of data and component availability but I might consider another if the argument is logical. Looking to keep rifle and optic under 15 or so pounds.

My choice for the 338 Lapua in a factory rifle, would be the Weatherby if it uses the Mark 5 action
because of the bolt size and strength. It is also one of the strongest action made, so it is very desirable for the 338 Lapua.

J E CUSTOM

Just a thought, you may also want to check out the new Savage 112 .338 Lapua. This rifle is a great deal for the thousand dollar price tag you get a laminated stock, match trigger, and a decent rifle to build off of or just shoot and enjoy. I went with the 111 LRH route a couple years ago thinking that would be the solution to my needs only to find out that the big 300 grain bullets gave me fits when it came to bullet seating depths and created feeding issues. To deal with these feeding issues I had that rifle made into a shorter cased .338 Norma but still wasn't happy and sold it. Long story short the Savage 112 will be my next .338 Lapua.

lv2hunt

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.