Which .25?

25 PRC for me. H1000 pushing Berger 135s 3250fps out of a 24" barrel. Mag fed short action.
Simple choice for me because I already had good 6.5 PRC brass and dies. Change the bushing, neck down, and load.

I knew I would get chastised for the use of "best". I guess I should have said, if someone will tell me what it can do that can't be done by another caliber. I'm not trying to start a Creed bashing or promoting thread, just looking for honest feedback from people who have 25 caliber rifles or who have more knowledge than me and understand what all goes on with different calibers. Is there a point at which I would be foolishly wasting powder and barrel life trying to cram too much in a 25? That's the kind of thing I don't know.
I have a wildcat I'm pleased with. I take the .308 Norma Magnum and neck it down to .25 cal.I get 3,750 fps with the 100 gr. bullet .It gets out there !

When someone ask about.25 cal, there's only one, the 257 wby. I have had a 25/06, it was good , but never made me smile like a 257 bee. I then tried a 25/06 imp, but still was not was not a 257 bee. I even barreled a 700 action in a 257 stw. It made some gains, but not what I thought it would. Add that with no barrel life and I never went back to it, even though I still have the die set. I now have set up with 135 bergers and it is a match made in heaven!

For a mix of speed/performance and pieces parts availability, a 25-06 is hard to beat. It is probably not top of the heap performance-wise, and incapable in factory standard twist rates of handling long, heavier bullets. But a 100 at 3300 isnt a slouch and is still deadly and flat-ish for a goodly distance. Past that, where holdover/scope adjustment is necessary, a larger diameter and heavier bullet is welcome.
I mostly use my 26" 25-06 for marmots. Im happy to 500ish. The 100 game king is soft enough to be impressive to there.
If you go up in target animal mass from deer, more speed and a harder bullet would be welcome.

been shooting a 25-06 AI over some 50 years along with a 257 AI. Don't know what brass you have ?? 06 brass is all over the place started with LC National Match 06 and still have some left. Shoot the 110-115 Noslers since day one, and still today- love this one.