Where's a good place to buy March Scopes?

Feenix.....

Right on!

I purchased the Valdada Recon G2 and have been nothing more than happy with it. Other people have the say that some of the quality of Val data products were lacking but I can say the G2 is absolutely amazing! How can anyone say any differently when it has a hundred 50 minutes built into the erector that sits in a 40 mm main tube.

The Recon is badazz and is in my wish list. I have to settle to 4-14 30MM (http://www.valdada.com/4-14x50-30mm-sfp-tactical-scope-illuminated-mp-8-dot-reticule-sf/) and 3-18 35MM (http://www.valdada.com/3-18x42-35mm-tactical-sfp-moa-moa-illuminated-mp-8-dot-sf/) for now. :cool:

Sweet stuff! Val is an awesome guy also. I spoke with them for about 30 minutes on the phone one day after I purchase my scope. The Rings are received with my scope were too low in order for my 30 MOA rail too loud the end of the scope to clear Vanguard. That day Val sent me out higher set of rings which far exceeded the quality of rings that I had with the scope. He did me an awesome favor and I was shooting in two days.

Respecfully, because it is the OP's "personal" choice. The companies you noted had to start somewhere just like March. Cheers!

You're right and to each his own. My comments are my own take on March, and I've yet to hear a bad thing about them.

That said, personally, I'll give them a while before I consider buying one. The OP started the thread because he needs help finding one.

Will they be around in 10 years when he has a problem with it?

"They all had to start somewhere." Very true and I wish them luck. Until then, they can establish themselves with YOUR money;)

March/Deon has been around for years, especially in the the bench rest crowd. They have a huge following overseas. They are by no means a "new company". Call or email Don at long range supply. He sells them for less than March USA. The reason for this is because March does not regulate their distributors with MAPP pricing or the like. If you want a light tier 1 scope they are the way to go. I own many optics and have nothing against any of them but for the OP's purpose March is a fantastic choice.

You're right and to each his own. My comments are my own take on March, and I've yet to hear a bad thing about them.

That said, personally, I'll give them a while before I consider buying one. The OP started the thread because he needs help finding one.

Will they be around in 10 years when he has a problem with it?

"They all had to start somewhere." Very true and I wish them luck. Until then, they can establish themselves with YOUR money;)

I said the same thing when Vortex and Sightron first came out and I have yet to buy one. Yes, somebody has to give March a chance just like the other companies.

Last edited:
"Sawman".... former US Navy Seal, Special Operator in DevGru, spec'ed a sniper rifle "wish" to DevGru and the wish was fulfilled.....with a US Optic.

Feenix....

What are you using the IOR Valdata scope on, what caliber, and for what purpose? And is the second focal plane working for you for that purpose?

I originally had the 4-14 on my .30 LARA (similar to .300 Jarrett) but I replaced it with the 3-18. Primarily built for LRH but haven't gotten much time to do so due to school. I might put the 4-14 on my .264 WM being built.

Last edited:
March/Deon has been around for years, especially in the the bench rest crowd. They have a huge following overseas. They are by no means a "new company". Call or email Don at long range supply. He sells them for less than March USA. The reason for this is because March does not regulate their distributors with MAPP pricing or the like. If you want a light tier 1 scope they are the way to go. I own many optics and have nothing against any of them but for the OP's purpose March is a fantastic choice.

I see that March/Deon and Vortex both started in 2004.

Most of us LR members have interest in several top tear manufactures. March afordable pricing these days can be found. KAI - have you checked out the March corporate website current SALE for a model that might interest you? From horses mouth information may save valuable time. I trust this contact will help your March research
" Dave Albers,Optical Technician March Optics, USA marchoptics.com ", he is a prompt Emailer.

Nightforce ATACR Scope Weight: 39oz. March Scope Weight: 23.46 oz.
One ounce of great Customer Service is more valuable than 10lbs weight savings....if she is broke and don't work with hunt coming up!!!! Weight and pretty don't matter if she is " sittin' on the sick/lame/crippled/crazy wagon at go time. And, it's a known fact, you have to really, really work hard for NF to call in sick. :) :) :)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.