Where would I need to go?

OCC
I believe they start in the Yukon, Canada and run south to Mexico.

Colorado would be a nice place to start
I think they have like 54 peaks over 14,000 feet

Good luck in your quest, it is a very easy goal to complete.
get on a plane fly to denver, Colorado. Rent a car drive west and enjoy!!

CAM

You could take the train ride to the top of Pike's Peek by Denver. It is pretty cheap and easy if sight seeing is your goal. The view is pretty good from up there ...

Let us know what state you currently live in and that will help us direct you to the closest area to see the ol rockies.

There are several hundred posters on this board alone that live in or on the fringes of the rockies including myself. I guess we tend to take their beauty for granted being able to see them all day but every time I leave home for flat land and come back home I am again amazed.

I am fotunate that the the back stop view behind my shooting range is directly into the Sun River Game range with Sawtooth and Steamboat mountains in full view!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Well, being a colorado resident I'd say you should come out here, sometimes my family and I go up to estes park and from there you can go into rocky mountain national park, and if you come in the right time of year (which i cant remember but some easy research would work) you can see the elk in estes park, literall elk standing on the side of the streets, thousands. And from what i remember, its not too expensive either.

Dang Kirby you already forgot me! I'm kidding. I'm in Alabama and really want to see the Rockies. I have waited too long and am determined to see them soon.

OldCenterChurch AKA "Auburn Tiger" I just got them to change my name on here due to all the football hubub.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.