where should I move to?

10X

I am selling up here and looking to move to a more gun friendly state.I dont know where to start looking. I know the peoples republic of Kalifornia is out. but I know little of other states.I am looking to get some land and retire. sme where like nebraska Kansas west verginia or where ever the laws are the best and the weather is not too hot. remember I was from alaska.

I would recommend you check Illnoise off your list. As long as King Richard II is running Illinoise forget it. The puppet Governor of this state just vetoed a bill passed through both houses that would prevent prosecution of a homeowner for using a handgun in defense of his home and family. More legislation continues that would eliminate most firearms in the state. I'm looking to head West in about six years. At least I could hide in the mountains.
mad.gif

db

Other than being realy hot and muggy South Louisiana isin't bad , pretty gun friendly they passed a carjacking law a few years back that allows you to shoot a car jacker. prettymuch anyplace in the south and southeast is gun friendly. If memory serves you can still shoot a trespasser in the great state of Texas and if you moved out to southwest texas and bought some land you could offer the fellas here longrange hunts at a discounted rate
grin.gif

I guess it depends on what you are looking for.
Nebraska and Kansas won't let you carry concealed weapons, not sure what other BS they might have. Idaho, Oregon, Washington all are pretty good as far as the laws go. The weather isn't too bad either - don't really have to worry about tornados like Kansas!

Maybe you could clarify what kind of land and weather you are seeking?

Consider Maine.

We have the second highest per capita gun ownership in the country. Only Alaska is higher. Cost of living is relatively low, good for a retiree.

[ 08-28-2004: Message edited by: Hunter ]

Nebraska is a pretty gun friendly state. If you aks nicely, you will most likely get permission to hunt. The prarie dog population seems to have taken a hit from poision, so good luck finding them. The western 2/3rds of the state has small towns and sand hills. Kind of isolated, but that is where I am from. There are plenty of people that like long range shooting (including competition)if you like that.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.