where to keep or carry loaded rounds to keep ES and VEL changes down

bigrich954rr

I shoot anywhere from 100 degrees to -30. I have been keeping my rounds in a ammo box or in my outer jacket pocket. So they are what ever the outside temp is. So in the summer i load the rounds a little bit lighter to keep pressure down.

Would it be better to load to a summer temperature and then just carry the rounds in a pocket close to my body to try to keep them at 98 degrees . So i can keep that same load all year round? I get one load that works great but the change in temps messes with it enough to get to me. If its winter and the guns cold and i load right before i shoot. Will it matter that the rounds are at 98 degrees or will it shoot just like as if they were outside temp.

Re: where to keep or carry loaded rounds to keep ES and VEL changes do

i'm not going to tell you that i have tested this with a chrono much,but i can tell you i just keep a few rounds in my pants pocket and they seem to hit the same point they did in warmer weather.i've always had the same line of thinking in that you can hunt in the fall with a pretty good temperature swing.i just keep em in my pockets and they're "good to go"

This is just your lucky day.
I happen to be running a special on Buffalobob"s Thermodynamic Velocity Enhancers And Pressure Stabilizers. The TVEAPS is on limited time only sale for $18.95 plus shipping.
This miraculous device captures low energy radiation from biochemical reactions in the human body to maitain the cartridges at an optimal temperature during intensely cold periods when a hunter is plagued by massive amounts of white stuff on the ground. The TVEAPS is worn around the neck and under the T-shirt and when an enhanced and stabilized cartridge is needed then the hunter ejects the cold destabilized cartridge out of the rifle chamber, pulls out the TVEAPS and removes one of the five enhanced and stabilized cartridges and inserts it into the chamber. We recommend that the cartridge be fired within 30 seconds or else the cold chamber will begin to destabilize the cartridge.

The TVEAPS comes in a five round version in either a right feed or left feed.

Just send me a check or money order and I will get it shipped right out.

354843.jpg

bb.

Jeez, only $18.95? That must be for the R&D that went into it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif But, ya know what? Its a good idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif And I enjoy your style /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

PS: Seattle is boring except for the grand daughter and soon to be daughter in law. Who just happens to own "Jeffery" a ****'d 700$ chahuahua. Jeez /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

So do you make those in Caliber specific sizes ?

I might buy me some of those ! I think once the thermo stabilized projectiles were deployed from the warming pods, I could keep other things warm too.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.