338 RUM Down Loaded to

jro45

I just recently loaded my 338 RUM 3008 FPS with the 250 Serria BT. Will shoot theses as soon as I get my Break back.
I had these loaded to 3150 fps then I contacted Serria they said with the powder I was using 100grs of puts the psi to high. So I down loaded these rounds to 95gr and now the psi is ok. I'd rather be safe then sorry. I can load the RUM to 3150 with a different powder but not this powder.

I had these loaded to 3150 fps then I contacted Serria they said with the powder I was using 100grs of.....

100gr of what?

3150 is a bit fast for this round I do beleive.

What length barrel?

I too , think this sounds to hot!! Spesially with Sierra's. It seems that Sierras gives higher pressure in my rifle than other brands. Even higher then Nosler P. I've done some testing with Ohler 43.
3070 f/s with 250 greiners is more apropriate in my Shilen barrel.(26")

I think you meant Oehler 43
Looks like the ultimate way to go until you read the prehistoric serial port (no USB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) and it doesn't even run on an OS - runs on a *** Win95

I've heard good things about the 43 tho - can you tell us what makes it most useful?
m43.gif

Lastly if you want the ultimate long range 338 bullet you need to talk to Richard @ wildCatBullets

I run my M43 on Windows XP, but it will only work from a serial port... yes, it's ancient, but it does work well.

PressureTrace will run off USB on the other hand.

I find the pressure data most useful. I use it for chrono data too, that or a 35P when just using PressureTrace.

Thx! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
If you had to buy today, what would you go for? I'm saving my money.

I tried to get a hold of some bullets to feed my 338 from Richard last spring/summer and he couldn't seem to get hold of the jackets to ship my order. Has that changed?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts