Where to hunt? Advice.

I would strongly suggest hunting with Tim Picket he owns and runs Southern Oregon Outfitters. He's got it dialed in for spring bear in Oregon. Killed my biggest bear yet ( and probably ever!) This last spring. Lots of quality bears , good genetics .

Attachments

• 20130530_202801.jpg
    20130530_202801.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 20130530_203915.jpg
    20130530_203915.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 152
Where do you live, how far are you willing to travel & how's the budget? Many States have a point/draw system, it may take 8 years to draw.

You can start doing that, or go somewhere with easier stats to get a license. Then there is the Canadian option, or AK.

Thanks for the advice guys. I am from ky. I was looking at possibly wyoming, Montana or Idaho. I will also look into the other suggestions.

I would go north of the border. Much better bear hunting.

The so called spot and Stalk hunts in Forks, Washington mentioned above are nothing more than hunting over berry patches (natural bait).

Ummmm, may want to review the dates on the above posts...about 6 years late. Be interesting to hear what the OP picked and if he had success though!

Well...the berries should be ripened by now.....
What a theory......"spring" bear hunt.....hunting over "berries"...must have been early thaw......

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.