Where to hunt Black Bears in US next Spring?

If spring is your goal hunt, PA is not your huckleberry.

While PA does have some big bears - they are only huntable September - December (via various means, specific WMUs, specific hunt date windows, etc.).

To add to that, the bears are big because they are old, they are old because they are hard to hunt, they get shot when they get old and lazy and hang around easy feeding places. One (big one) was shot while someone was feeding him day old donuts and bread, an absolute no-no in PA, that was an illegal kill.

I'm for thinking that a bait hunt across the border would be a good one for you to consider. Soon as the borders open up.

Yes some big ones come out of that state but...would you have to find a big one on demand verse scat house luck.........

I have had good luck in Valdez harbor AK. Jack Bay is where we shot our bears in the spring. There are a lot of bears out there and the terrain is pretty steep. Morning an evening the bears come out on shore to feed. The best part is having an excuse to go to Alaska!

Hyde county nc to be more specific
I second the vote for Hyde County NC. Contact Lily Pond Creek Outfitters, They hold some great leases in Hyde County. Centerfire rifle too. Check out their website and facebook page for some of the huge blacks they've harvested. I would contact him soon, he fills up quick. Talk to Dock.

Recent Posts