Where to hunt Black Bears in US next Spring?

As mentioned Prince of Whales,AK or surrounding.Produces some of the largest numbers of book bears,they have good diet.

I'm missing a moose and caribou hunt. Personal safety, religious convictions and bodily autonomy outweigh my hobby. I hope Canada's government comes to their senses next year, but if enough people roll over and do what the government tells them, putting convenience over liberty, it'll just keep getting worse.
Can we keep to the topic of bear hunting, please?

North Carolina 555 lb if interested I can get you in touch with the guide.

Attachments

• 6185C034-17D4-417C-97F2-1E45AF7CAFA1.jpeg
    6185C034-17D4-417C-97F2-1E45AF7CAFA1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
I am headed up to Rainy Lake Outfitters for a 5-day hunt tomorrow and will report back with recs.

Just got back, the outfitter works very hard has quite a few baited stands and a very nice newer lodge. The bears did not work hard to please me I was out five nights and did not see a bear, the moon was pretty bright and the days warm so I think they were feeding at night as the baits were getting hit each night. Chad the outfitter put me on a new stand every night trying to change up the luck but the bears didn't agree. I was the only hunter in camp so no one else to compare luck to, all hunters in previous weeks this season have been seeing bears and most filling tags early in the week.

I had a wolf come within about 20 feet of my ground blind and hunt in front of me for about 10 minutes, I have never been that close to a live wolf so that was fun. Wolf season had just opened up but wasn't interested in a wolf for at least two reasons, fur quality this early would suck and I carry a 375 Ruger for bear and that would have taken a lot of sewing to make the fur presentable as a pelt hanging on the wall. So one more wolf driving back to camp one night same night a young bull moose on the road. Last night I was serenaded by wolves.

Long story short: I will probably go back as Chad offers a good hunt has multiple bear management units for his business and is adding more and works very hard to provide the hunter a good hunt and experience. They offer wolf hunts with a success rate of about 70% which seems pretty high compared to others, over bait from heated fixed blinds that provide sleeping so the wolves don't get spooked by snow machines after the hunter is dropped off.

Spot and stalk I would book a hunt in British Columbia or on Vancouver island. Baited stand I would head farther East into Alberta. Following the cascades from Oregon into Canada there is an insane amount of bear living among them. While the big old ones are hard to find and rare, there are monsters lurking out there. Every few years a local in the PNW will take home a bear that makes everyone wonder where that monster was hiding.

I have had good luck in Valdez harbor AK. Jack Bay is where we shot our bears in the spring. There are a lot of bears out there and the terrain is pretty steep. Morning an evening the bears come out on shore to feed. The best part is having an excuse to go to Alaska!
Did you hire a guide in Valdez harbor? If so do you mind sharing?