where to get a 700 action

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by my82cam, Nov 25, 2012.

1. my82cam

my82cam Well-Known Member

I am looking for a Remington 700 long action non magnum for a build. I want it to be stainless, have all the work done to it and ready to go. I found 1 quite a while ago for around 700 but I have lost the info on it, now I am back tracking trying to figure out what company it was. It was an after market company but had great reviews. Turns out this is cheaper then buying a complete gun and letting my gunsmith cut it up to get what I want, as the action was already squared and trued and what not. Now that I am done hunting for the year, I can get on with my build!!!

2. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

You can find brand new Rem700 actions here:

Small 700 SA Receiver, Blued | Brownells

If you want one that has already been 'blueprinted' then you will just have to have patience and watch the classifieds of the various forums for one to pop-up. So watch the classifieds here, snipershide.com and gunbroker.com

3. my82cam

yeah, I looked at them from brownells, but those are just factory actions that will need all the work done to them. Well, if anyone has one for sale, please let me know

4. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

I think your missing the point, if you want all that just buy a custom action, resale will be higher and cost is the same.

5. lazylabs

lazylabs Well-Known Member

Stillers Precision Firearms

Same price as working a 700 over and as mentioned before it will be worth much more later either as a rifle or seperate action.

6. my82cam

Sorry, I don't think I was clear in my statement, I was asking if someone already had a custom action for sale, I do not want a stock action.

7. my82cam

Stillers looks good, I may contact them and see what they have

8. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

You can find Stiller and Surgeon actions here too...

ACTIONS

9. JUDD

JUDD Well-Known Member

I have some trued 700 actions ill sell.

Pm me for details.

I'm away on a hunting trip so it may be a couple days until I get back to you.

10. WapitiBob

WapitiBob Well-Known Member

these guys do Rem actions

nwaw-1