Where are all the supplies going?

Jeffpatton00

I'm puzzled - powder, primers & bullets, etc. are all in extremely short supply, but the manufacturers tell us they're working at full steam so in theory the supply stream is still going out to the consuming public. And, given the huge demand, economic theory says the manufacturers will ramp up production in every way possible to meet that demand. However, we're not seeing evidence that that production is actually getting to the consuming public. I look at 10 sites multiple times/day and not once have I found any supply in stock.

So if it's not getting to us, where is it going? I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories that the Feds are stockpiling it to use against us peaceful gun-owning citizens, etc., and I've heard complaints that some have digital "bots" which will let them know instantly that something is available so they can buy it up and re-sell it at a profit, but I'm not hearing that people are getting resupplied through alternate channels. So, again, where's all the stuff going, especially since this has been going on for so long that manufacturers have had time to actually ramp up their production capacity? Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm puzzled - powder, primers & bullets, etc. are all in extremely short supply, but the manufacturers tell us they're working at full steam so in theory the supply stream is still going out to the consuming public. And, given the huge demand, economic theory says the manufacturers will ramp up production in every way possible to meet that demand. However, we're not seeing evidence that that production is actually getting to the consuming public. I look at 10 sites multiple times/day and not once have I found any supply in stock.

So if it's not getting to us, where is it going? I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories that the Feds are stockpiling it to use against us peaceful gun-owning citizens, etc., and I've heard complaints that some have digital "bots" which will let them know instantly that something is available so they can buy it up and re-sell it at a profit, but I'm not hearing that people are getting resupplied through alternate channels. So, again, where's all the stuff going, especially since this has been going on for so long that manufacturers have had time to actually ramp up their production capacity? Inquiring minds want to know.
They're pumping out more than you may realize. I see boxes unloaded at our local store and gone in seconds.

I have always tried to keep 8lbs powder, 1k primers and several hundred bullets per gun.

Ahead of the election I did the best I could to be stocked up. Im still keeping an eye out for things I use and everyone I know is. I try help friends find they're stuff as others are doing. Its going to catch up but will take time. This election was the worst since the pandemic was in place. Going to take longer than the Obama years. Back then you couldn't get an ar15 lower or even a replacement spring. This time its the ammo worse.

I also would like to know where it is going? I never see any on shelves in my area or in stock online. Do all the store chains only send products to a few cities in Kalifornia and Texas to be stocked and sold so the rest of the nation never see anything on the shelves or online?

I talk to stores in my area and all they ever have to say is that things are on order but they don't get any shipments.

I also would like to know where it is going? I never see any on shelves in my area or in stock online. Do all the store chains only send products to a few cities in Kalifornia and Texas to be stocked and sold so the rest of the nation never see anything on the shelves or online?

I talk to stores in my area and all they ever have to say is that things are on order but they don't get any shipments.
From what I understand ...their are some stores that get the main loot and distribute to the smaller stores. (I was told that by a long time employee of our bigger gun store. They always have more than cabelas) With whats going on im sure that's interrupted. The big fish are getting and selling immediately. I would find out the biggest hub in your area and check frequently. Believe it or not I see our walmart get more than the little sports stores. Again it sells so fast your head will spin. Nothing sits. Even the 50bmg primers sell. They used to just sit there.

When places like midway have it sit in stock the other places will get it again.

Please do not relate Texas to Kalifornia.

FYI - It's not here in California either...

Its our own fault, too a degree. We, the shooters, want new loads each year, wildcats, classics, better, longer, flat, in addition to supplies, etc. Just look at how many new cartridges have been released wide spread over the last 10 years... The same (3) major manufacturers, have to produce all the classic facotry ammo (3006, 7mm, 308, 223, etc) , plus now all the new cartridges 6.8 western, Nosler line up, PRC's up, Vortex has a new one this year, Creedmores, etc. We are shooting ourselves (no pun intended) in our own foot as we complain there are no supplies, yet we demand more developments and ballastics. Add on top of it market uncertainity from the political arena and 7 million more shooters in the last 3 years. We have ourselves a classic supply and demand problem...

well you had the China bio thing sent here then the anarchy in the city's, killings, looting burning them down. then a elections and a lot of new gun owners and others stocking up and this is what happens most should have seen this coming I have been stock every year started when Billy boy was in office and have not stopped I shoot a lot and will do so this year also.

Attachments

• 88112198_2526794704116124_7324702892353388544_n.jpg
    88112198_2526794704116124_7324702892353388544_n.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 142
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts