Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

LOL - this was fun to read through over coffee! I agree with a poster 12 pages ago i think ;) - hate is a strong word. I have personally never had much use/need/desire/whatever u wanna call it for 270 win - yep us guessed it i was the 30-06 kid! :)

Like i said this was funny reading, I can remember like it was yesterday the monday morning conversations after opening weekend of deer season in junior and high schools about what you shot and what you shot it with. The 243 guys didn't say much, but the 270 and 30-06 guys was like a big "D" conversation! ;)

Hey now! That's a carryover from "heeled" bullets like the .22lr in which the bullet diameter was flush with the case…which was and is .38 of an inch!

.30 measures lands diameter, .308 groove diameter

The real whackadoodle nomenclature are those lazzeroni magnums. A millimeter designation for groove diameter, not land diameter…why call something a .25 cal, nice quarter inch mark, when we can call it a 6.37 blackbird or whatever the heck it is. Makes me wonder if that guys a closet Canadian! 🤣

As a rural Canadian, I feel the confusion all too much of what the heck is going on. Are we or are we not metric!!!!???? 🤣
Thanks, Calvin45, for the answer to what has always puzzled me: Why is a .35 caliber pistol caliber called a .38 special. Can you similarly come up with an understandable answer to the question: "Why is a .375 caliber rifle known as the .38-55 Winchester?" I know the 55 is the black powder charge, but where did that .38 come from? The 38-55 has a base diameter of .421 inch ... ***?

Thanks, Calvin45, for the answer to what has always puzzled me: Why is a .35 caliber pistol caliber called a .38 special. Can you similarly come up with an understandable answer to the question: "Why is a .375 caliber rifle known as the .38-55 Winchester?" I know the 55 is the black powder charge, but where did that .38 come from? The 38-55 has a base diameter of .421 inch ... ***?
No freaking clue what that one's about haha.