Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

OK, so I got a North Pacific legal .50 cal Wolf muzzleloader for added season up here in Idaho. Got some 420gr "No Excuses" bullets and 100 gr of Triple 7 powder. Figured on killing me a cow elk or spike in December. So I'm sighting this thing in and hoy cr*p, it kicks more than my Weatherbys!! I ended up putting a foam piece on my shoulder just to sight it in so I wouldn't end up in the emergency ward. Long story short, I hunted all of December but no luck. I did gain a respect for muzzleloader power though! Possibly one I love to hate... 😊

Last edited:
note really a hater of any but after thinking about it I will join in on the fun. Nobody get their panties in a bunch lol.

300 RUM - it's like they are the first guys to make it to the d%#k measurement contest but buy the overbore in lieu of investing in marksmanship fundamentals. But hey. . They have 300 RUM.

6.5 creed but only the 6.5 creed guys that make a case for it being the perfect hunting cartridge. Please. Tell me more about how that elk was dead on its feet but you put 2 more insurance shots into it just cuz.

Recent Posts