Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

I hate any magnum and shorts and super shorts worse
So you only like rounds like 06, 308, 7x57, 8mm X 57, etc? Don't you feel like you're kind of gelding yourself. How long of a distance do you shoot? Targets or meat? If you don't shoot over say 5/600 yards I can fully understand. I'm not wild about the shorts or super shorts either but I feel that way because of case capacity you are setting a maximum distance, bullet, weight, etc.

So you only like rounds like 06, 308, 7x57, 8mm X 57, etc? Don't you feel like you're kind of gelding yourself. How long of a distance do you shoot? Targets or meat? If you don't shoot over say 5/600 yards I can fully understand. I'm not wild about the shorts or super shorts either but I feel that way because of case capacity you are setting a maximum distance, bullet, weight, etc.
Ok I really don't hate magnums. I shoot targets/steel out to 500 and game usually within 300. Magnums are overkill for what I do and I don't appreciate that recoil since I have a torn rotator cuff. Yes I can put a brake on one and would be fine for the range but not very convenient for the whitetail hunting that I normally do.
If I did get a magnum it would probably be a 300 wsm because I do like the short action. I just don't get the super short magnums though?

Well , I think this horse is beat to death , it broke it's leg , need to shoot it and put it out of it's misery . Just don't use a 6.5CM , LOL

🤣 🤣🤣

acreedmore.jpeg

Birddog, I could tell you about my shoulders but you'd think that I was making it up because of what you said. Suffice to say that I'm right handed and my left has been replaced so imagine my right. I didn't carry a rifle long distances. I do put on good soft recoil pads like "Limbsaver". I used to shoot from sticks or a rest in a stand. I had to learn to roll with the rifle. I have several rifles that my friends would shoot 1 maybe 2 times and didn't want any more. Examples : 300 RUM, 300 Wm, 338 Wm, 30'06, a very light 270 which may have been the worst of the lot because the recoil was so quick, and some others. I'm set up so depending on where and what I'm hunting, I just pick what I need. It took me many years to accomplish learning how not to fight the rifle. Truth be known, I'm sure that some of the damage to my right shoulder was recoil induced. Like I said, it took a while.

@scpaul...

What you were forced to do is something I have fought to learn to an extent. I have a friend who shoots his 416 Rigby with heavy weight bullets and max reloads and his Gonic muzzleloader with 545 grain 50 caliber lead bullets overtop of 200-225 grains of shockeys gold powder. He can roll with the recoil and thinks absolutely nothing of shooting them ALL DAY LONG just like shooting a 22. I have seen him shooting gophers with his Ruger no. 1 in 338 WM and shooting 70 shots. No flinch... just let's his body roll with the recoil.

As I write this I remember him getting me to go to my first 2 gun shoot. Yep 2 gun. You had your rifle that you shot to 600 or 700 yards and a handgun. It was at the Shilo military base near Brandin Manitoba. Frig was it funny. The military guys were shooting their 223s (it was teams of 2) and hitting the steel but it took 2 of them hitting the steel at the same time to knock it down. Meanwhile here's my friend Stuart... walks up and with a 250 grain in his 338 WM he knocks down the steel like it was a feather. I walk up and I was shooting my first 300 WBY. 180 grain Nosler max loads. BANG... down goes the steel. After you hit the steel you had to drag your partner 100 yards to the next station and do it again... well that was friggin funny as heck. We were both 6'1" and 240+ lbs at the time. Both strong but not really knowing how to pull someone in a "wound warrior battle field situation" we spent more time laughing then anything else.

Then we got to the handgun stages where we were shooting 10 mm FULL HOUSE LOADS and everyone else was shooting 9 mm putt putt loads. Well you had to hitting targets out to some distance... well did I suck!!! Still suck as a handgun shooter!!! I think we came in 3rd in the rifle because there were 2 sets of guys shooting sniper rifles.. I think both teams were shooting 308s and EVERYONE else 223s. And dead last in pistol because of me.

Yep. I have sold 5 guns in my life I think. Savage 99 in 243 with a beautiful birch stock (factory) that had fired 12 shells when I got it (farmer used it for shooting coyotes on his hay bales from the back door). I had put a Simmons scope on it and I was in college at the time. I had sighted it in and drove home (6 hr drive) and went hunting with a friend the next day. Missed a deer (nice buck) at 80 yards and could not figure out why until friend said shoot at that big rock in the field. Gun was shooting 3' high at 100 yards. All from riding in a case in the truck on the highway. No dropped or banged. To this day I won't own a Simmons scope. Only gun I truly truly regret selling and the guy won't sell it back. Simmons scope was apparently thrown in the trash one day after it was bought.

A Bergara in 6.5 PRC which I liked but a friend really really really wanted it and in a moment of weakness knowing some bills were coming in I sold.

And a Ruger P95 (I think it was) in 45 ACP. Friend at work wanted it badly and it had the WORST trigger I had ever seen.

A Savage in 17 HMR and a Win Model 100 in 308 to a friends daughter. Pretty tough to say no when a girl that you've known since she was like 8 is going please... please.... please... sell me these!!!!

Had to think.... lol

But that Simmons scope was such a piece of garbage for their top of the line scope makes me wonder if we should have a page on the worst scopes purchased???

Oh man that's sad about the 99. Such a classic. Of the non-tubular high powered levers that's hands down the best in my opinion. I just don't like the BLR or the win 88 and I really tried to haha.

I've never had a 99. A friend does Ina short caliber, 308? I shot and liked it. It's the only rotary magazine that I've ever liked. Mostly for the Spitzer type bullet use. It shot pretty good. I didn't get to shoot it long enough to get proficient.