What's the best thermal scope for around $2500+/-

DJ Fergus

Opinions needed for a thermal Scope. I'm asking for a friend looking who's looking to spend around $2500

Last edited:
If you check out the late night vision show episode 187 they just did a whole show on this question.

If I remember correctly they liked the pulsar thermion xm30 for coyotes and slightly longer range hunting because of the 3.5x base magnification. I cant remember if they liked the bearing hogster or the AGM rattler 35 for hogs.

Id check out that episode. It should help you greatly. The one thing Ive been told by tons of people when I was looking at thermals was to stay far away from ATN.

Pulsar thermion have had mine little over a year now and still love it. Ive ways heard bad about atn as well but no real hands on experience. I want a thermal monucular now for scanning and atn has a couple under $1k but i think im going to wait and pickup the new burris. If you qualify for mil/leo discount burris offers a nice discount.

My wife bought me a $9500 ATN for Christmas 7yrs ago. Not a single issue. except the price dropped to $6500 the next yr. Pain to zero, but once done have-not touched it, On 3rd rifle. Thor-5X-60hrz..... Would buy again.

Did you get a chance to try it yet? Been thinking about the Rattler in either TS19-256 or 25
I've had it out twice. No shots taken but it must be my calling. Easy mount on an AR with a 1 inch mount extension. Sighting in wasn't quick but it was all me being a novice at it. Stretches the distances I can verify targets at. I did get rechargeable batteries for it as it will power through a few. It says 4 hr run time. I am very pleased with it so far.

Pulsar thermion have had mine little over a year now and still love it. Ive ways heard bad about atn as well but no real hands on experience. I want a thermal monucular now for scanning and atn has a couple under $1k but i think im going to wait and pickup the new burris. If you qualify for mil/leo discount burris offers a nice discount.
The new Burris is nice I have the thermal 50 scope and the clip on they are nice and as easy to use as anything. I've used.
As for that price range I think it's hard to beat the pulsar rq 30? That was my first and it's still good for the money.

It's hard to recommend something without knowing how he is going to use it. Hogs, coyotes, long shots, close, open terrain, tighter cover, etc.